Gloves or no Gloves when you ride.....

• March 1, 2013 6:49 AM PST
    allways were gloves & when its raining or snowing as it has at times when i am rideing I put on thin latex gloves (the kind painters n doctors ware) under my gloves they keep my hands dry & warm. my hands are well worked as I paint homes for a liven. and at 59 years old they are kinda arthrites ridden.
    hate it when my hands get cold & wet takes 4 ever to get them warm again
    • 1364 posts
    March 1, 2013 7:22 AM PST
    Gloves always, Regular and fingerless
  • March 3, 2013 7:39 PM PST
    A rider from Texas from another site posted some pics after he went deer hunting with his bike. He was wearing fingerless gloves only. His fingers looked like he had dipped them in acid. He had no skin left. I ride with full fingered deerskin gloves year round ever since I saw these horrific pics. Just a thought, but remember one of the first things to hit the pavement is your hands.
  • March 3, 2013 8:31 PM PST
    I always wear gloves - year round ~ my latest investment are a pair of heated Gerbing gloves.
  • March 3, 2013 8:52 PM PST
    Gloves, long fingered gloves. I have thinner long fingered gloves for the warmer weather, but I wear long fingered gloves all year long. I feel it's just the wise thing to do.
  • March 3, 2013 9:39 PM PST
    Sometimes, sometimes not, but after reading these posts I'm starting to rethink the sometimes not. I carry two pair with me in the bags, but don't always wear them. Maybe it's just laziness or something but most of the time that's where they stay. Might be time for this old dog to learn a new trick. Thanks guys for this post. You gave me a whole new look on this.
  • March 26, 2013 3:11 PM PDT
    always half and full fingered
  • March 26, 2013 3:24 PM PDT
    only when it's cold,if it's warm I don't have my jacket on so gloves won't offer enough protection to make me get sweaty hands...and yes I'v done my fair share of the blacktop slip-n-slide and the scars to prove it...keep the shiny side up!
  • March 26, 2013 3:39 PM PDT
    Only when it is cold.
  • March 27, 2013 3:44 AM PDT
    I always wear gloves. Have a friend that went down without gloves or jacket.he was in surgery for hours pickin and diggin rocks and whatever from his hands and chest. Pavement does not discriminate.
    • 34 posts
    March 27, 2013 3:57 AM PDT
    I only wear gloves when its cold out.
    I like the feel of my hands on my bikes grips better then my hand in gloves on my bikes grips.
    But that's just me.
    Swomack
    • 1 posts
    March 27, 2013 7:37 AM PDT
    Gloves....all the time.
  • March 27, 2013 8:57 AM PDT
    Only if it completes the look.....LOL... Just kidding...

My grips have no rubber on them so it depends on how long Im out. If its going to be a while definitely....
  • March 27, 2013 10:31 AM PDT
    winter yes warm weather no
  • March 30, 2013 3:06 AM PDT
    Full gloves at all times...went on a poker run...rain...sun...rain..sun etc...all day. Took my gloves off to keep them dry...BLISTERED the backs of my hands...worst sunburn ever..won't do THAT again.
    • 44 posts
    March 30, 2013 6:21 AM PDT
    Always fingerless gloves started riding with don't feel right without
  • April 10, 2013 12:27 PM PDT
    i never leave home without them. if i want ass skin on my hands it better be a womans not my own lol
  • April 10, 2013 1:10 PM PDT
    never used to were gloves but now i do.
  • April 14, 2013 2:27 PM PDT
    sinfulsinz - really? a woman's?
    • 11 posts
    April 17, 2013 12:16 AM PDT
    Sinfulsinz & debbienc, Now, kiss & make up instead of going to opposite corners of your home. :-) Debbie, i hope to meet you sometime, soon.