Looking for Ideas: Motorcycle Safety Training Baltimore / Washin

• February 16, 2013 12:28 AM PST
    I am trying to cooridnate motorcycle safety training for Soldiers and Sailors in the Baltimore / Washington DC area to kick off the spring riding season. I am currently working with the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) which has agreed to come up and speak.

I was hoping to find a nearby track that would agree to host a track day so these guys could get a feel for the road before jumping back into the anarchy that is DC driving but I haven't gotten any traction on that front. The tracks have no issue but they aren't free which is what I was hoping they would offer as I have no bugdget.

I am looking for any ideas people on CycleFish may have.

Thanks!!!
    • 19007 posts
    February 16, 2013 1:01 AM PST
    This is a good idea. The only suggestion I can give is to solicit local Cycle Dealers for some donations.
    • 16798 posts
    February 16, 2013 6:17 AM PST

• 5419 posts
    February 16, 2013 6:38 AM PST
      Me too.   I would hit every manufacturer.  Once you get one brand the others won't want to be left out!
    • 3006 posts
    February 16, 2013 8:14 AM PST
    There a number of considerations involved,perhaps gaining some legal insight may be required to avoid legal liabilitys about the venture also.Perhaps finding a local insurance company/biker insurance companies to help sponsor it could be another avenue? kill two birds w/one toss,eliminate liabilities for sponsorships perhaps.
    Hope this helps a bit
    stay safe n enjoy the ride !!!
  • February 16, 2013 9:20 AM PST
    Thanks for the great ideas today gentlemen. Gonna see what comes in tomorrow and then shoot out a few emails and see where this goes!