Only two?

• February 13, 2013 2:06 AM PST
     I hate it that we can only show two of our bikes.  I understand the space limitations but how about more bikes, less photos each bike?  Or maybe putting a limit on each users filesize totals rather than limiting how many of our bikes we can post.  

If others are like me, I never get rid of the old ones, just crash em and put em in a pile or stash them in the garage and work on em forever.  
    • 5420 posts
    February 13, 2013 2:16 AM PST
    I never even realized we had set a limit on the number of bikes in your garage. It has been increased to 5 !!!
  • February 13, 2013 2:39 AM PST
    I JUST tried to add the ones I have photos of on my computer here at work. It said 2 max. I decided to leave out the (almost) stock 00 FXDWG. I wish you were right though, I could fit mine on here and a basket case, which I have a garage full of. lol
    • 5420 posts
    February 13, 2013 3:15 AM PST
    You may have to log out and log back in. I just tested it and it definately allows you to entere up to 5 bikes in the garage!
  • February 13, 2013 5:32 AM PST
    I have a rule that I follow and it is that if I have not ridden the bike in more than three years then I sale it. My reasoning is that by keeping to this rule my garage stays clean and more importantly the parts and the bike go back into circulation and it keeps more riders on the road. Something to think about if your garage is full of projects that will never be finished. Sorry a bit off topic but the post writers comments about lots of bikes being in baskets got me thinking of my rule about project bikes.
  • February 13, 2013 6:14 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky. I'll update when I get home.
    Wheels, good point. I have actually only sold one in my whole life, my old 83 FSB Sturgis shovelhead. I JUST sold it after I put new rings, seals, gaskets, kicker, starter, tires, brake pads and 2 new tires on it. oh yeah, bulbs, ignition switch, dash panel and...some more stuff. I wish I still had it. I've given a couple away to friends who were immobile but I have very few friends. My garage has bikes that I just can't bear to part with because I got them from lost friends, etc. And stuff like like..old knucklehead cylinders & heads, carbs. an old FLH that I keep saying I'm gonna rebuild, etc. Not many can use the stuff I have. I do take care of my friends with parts ...after I think about it a while. lol. I'll give your suggestions some thought. You're right and I know it..it's just me. As soon as I part with something, me or a friend will need it.
  • March 19, 2013 2:25 AM PDT
    Must be nice to have more than one bike! .... and time to ride them all!