What's Everyone Been Up To?

• February 7, 2013 7:54 AM PST
     This winter has been a boring one!  What's everyone been doing to wile away the winter months?
    • 16825 posts
    February 7, 2013 5:06 PM PST
    Working on garage projects, keeping the stove fired up, etc. :-)
    • 19034 posts
    February 7, 2013 11:03 PM PST
    Wishin I was In Texas...
    • 1364 posts
    February 8, 2013 12:53 AM PST
    Working and working. Hitting the O.T. till June, then it's full swing fun , as all my trips will be paid for.
    • 5420 posts
    February 8, 2013 1:20 AM PST
    We can ride all year, but it does get cold and wet some of the time. Been working in the garage and catching up on some of the inside honey-do projects.
    • 1855 posts
    February 8, 2013 1:26 AM PST
    Splittin and stackin' firewood and feedin' the wood burners, playing my guitar, watching Gypsy work on her crafts. Letting the dog out and in and out and in and out and in....
    • 80 posts
    February 8, 2013 1:32 AM PST
    Dodging the rain more than the snow thankfully. Weather is wet, but not too cold to ride. No electric warmer gadgets on my bike so it is dress for the conditions and make adequate warm up stops. Other than that getting ready to travel to SC in April for an employment opportunity. I can deal with the heat better than the VA cold. Will miss the VA Blueridge in the Summer, but lots of new highway and sights in SC.
  • February 8, 2013 1:56 AM PST
    eatin' sleepin, workin. waiting on warm weather and trying to convince my wife that Myrtle Beach bike week is in our future!
    • 11 posts
    February 8, 2013 2:18 AM PST
    Working in my healthcare business & on my farm, and searching for/looking at rallies/events/runs, etc. that I can volunteer at this spring, summer & fall. Since I don't own a bike nor do I have a boyfriend or spouse with or without one, I try to stay active and supportive by volunteering at rallies, events, runs, etc. within about 2-3 hours of home, which is a little north of Hickory, NC. I have been hiking Alot! this winter, I run about 20 miles/week, and i love hiking, which is an occasional break from running.
  • February 8, 2013 2:55 AM PST
    Am just gettin done with rebuildin my house after Hurricane Sandy with no money from insurance company yet, I might add.
    Once the last few small items are done, I will start customizing brand new Road King i just bought.I just can't leave things alone I am intent on making it one of a kind by the time i'm done!!
    Now we are gettiin a foot of snow or maybe more so am gonna be a little busy doin snow removal for a few days.
    It pays the bills!!!
    • 9 posts
    February 8, 2013 8:48 AM PST
    Right at the moment? I'm crackin' open a coupla of them "black label" bud's. Curiosity, and no food since last nite, got me feelin' pretty ornery. Don't read that wrong. I did'nt say HORNY. I said ornery.
    That, and the lower back pain, got me wishin' I had the worlds most expensive vibrator...A HARLEY-DAVIDSON.
    The ONLY "Toy"...I ever owned.

Ride (Pain) Free
    Tweek
    • 846 posts
    February 8, 2013 8:54 AM PST
    Right now hunkering down for the storm that hitting the Northeast. Hoping not to lose power. Then digging out tomorrow. Not the ideal weekend plans. Dam it would be nice to get on 2 wheels but that still off a few more weeks (I hope).

Al I see you got the new Road King enjoy.
    • 567 posts
    February 8, 2013 10:42 AM PST
    Sorry. But I can ride year round here in Florida. But I do feel for those who yearn to be back on two wheels.
  • February 9, 2013 1:23 PM PST
    I've had the bike out for a brief spin here and there, but for the most part the church has me more than busy. I'm still praying and hoping we sell the house in our former town. This economy and the real estate market is the pits. It's hard for those who want to buy it to get a loan now. Oh well! Spring is coming and the sun will be shining :-)