BRAVEHART .

• g
    January 24, 2013 10:22 PM PST
    WAS ON TV LAST NIGHT ,STILL THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE..WHATS YOUR FAVE MOVIE AND WHY ????
    • 19052 posts
    January 24, 2013 10:58 PM PST
    Man that's a tough one. Gotta think a bit for there are many to choose from.
  • g
    January 25, 2013 12:35 AM PST
    hurry up then ,lol
  • January 25, 2013 1:48 AM PST
    A Bridge Too Far...being a retired paratrooper I love the airborne operation.
    • 19052 posts
    January 25, 2013 2:46 AM PST
    Ok I have to go with The Green Mile. An extremely well written script, with Great Actors.
    buttt....

there are many and it is very difficult to narrow it down to one. I also liked Shawshank Redemption, Avatar, Saving Private Ryan, and the complete Band of Brothers series. And Mac117 I will say that the Band of Brothers is one I have watched completely through at least 10 times and still enjoy it. It would be number 1 if it was a movie instead of a mini-series.
    • 3006 posts
    January 25, 2013 4:27 AM PST
    Gladiator. I have to say the movie has left me with a lasting impression.It speaks to my soul.It resonates with history & authentic seeming scenes that are truly awe inspiring.

Tho I have to admit Braveheart & Patriot come to mind also along with The 300, Band of Brothers & Saving Private Ryan
    • 1855 posts
    January 25, 2013 4:54 AM PST
    The concept of doing life over and over 'till you get it right makes Groundhog Day my light-hearted choice.

Peace
    • 16843 posts
    January 25, 2013 6:12 AM PST
    Christine, I found a bunch of strange humor in it.
  • January 25, 2013 10:29 AM PST
    Anything with the Duke in it
    • 2 posts
    January 25, 2013 11:51 AM PST
     Lonely Are the Brave,”  - 1962 film adaptation of the Edward Abbey novel
    Kirk Douglass said it was his favorite role despite being upstaged by a horse
    • 9 posts
    January 25, 2013 3:21 PM PST
    Forest. Forest Gump. Or well heck, just about ANYTHING Tom Hanks is in. Loved Castaway, Loved the Green Mile, loved Saving Private Ryan...the lists go on and on. I have tons of favorites, so it really is hard to pick just one. I'm a FAN of all movies!
    So, butter the popcorn, grab some rolo's and don't forget the pull & peel Strawberry licorice, and I'm ready...
    oh...almost forgot the DIET COKE. bwahahahaaahaa (no, seriously)

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1780 posts
    January 25, 2013 7:50 PM PST
    EZ Rider
  • g
    January 26, 2013 1:10 AM PST
    300, patriot also great films
    • 1 posts
    January 27, 2013 8:25 AM PST
    watching it right now at this exact moment in time except for the stupid commericials

• January 27, 2013 8:40 AM PST
    let me see so many to choose from......i am going to go with best drama Shawshank redemption. Best action movie....Aliens. Best sci fi...Battle beyond the stars. best adventure film lord of the rings. best comedy...Space Balls. Best series... Sparticus on HBO. I like alot of others as well but I'm going with these for now.
  • January 27, 2013 8:41 AM PST
    so many favorites... but if I had to narrow it down to one, I'd have to pick a comedy... Blazing Saddles...

"its twuu, its twuu"
  • January 27, 2013 11:16 AM PST
    Up in smoke for sure! with appocalypse now a close second
    • 277 posts
    January 28, 2013 12:16 AM PST
    Tweek wrote...
    Forest. Forest Gump. Or well heck, just about ANYTHING Tom Hanks is in. Loved Castaway, Loved the Green Mile, loved Saving Private Ryan...the lists go on and on. I have tons of favorites, so it really is hard to pick just one. I'm a FAN of all movies!
    So, butter the popcorn, grab some rolo's and don't forget the pull & peel Strawberry licorice, and I'm ready...
    oh...almost forgot the DIET COKE. bwahahahaaahaa (no, seriously)

Ride Free
    Tweek

We need to go to the movies, then, cuz Lucky never goes and I have to go alone!  I love Tom Hanks, too!