Where to move to in Southern Arizona

• 48 posts
    December 3, 2012 11:58 AM PST
    Ok..we lived in AZ for 7 years in Cochise County...Sierra Vista etc. We're planning on going back as the pension is about due !!!! We have 2 Harleys and no debt. We want to stay south of Phoenix, somewhat remote. Who's got the best place to go, chill, and ride from ?
  • December 5, 2012 5:57 AM PST
    Spent years riding thru southern Az. and not much of anything that interested me at all. Northern Az. is where we like to ride and it's a whole lot cooler in the summer. You can always make the run to Oatman I guess it is a great ride from Kingman Az.
    • 5420 posts
    December 11, 2012 5:34 AM PST
    Pretty much the same here. I lived in Tuscon for about 3 months and have spent lots of time in So. AZ. Just to flat and hot for me. I do love mid to northern AZ... especially the Flagstaff and Williams areas.
    • 48 posts
    December 11, 2012 10:31 AM PST
    Thanks gentlemen. We've decided to road trip Kingman, Bullhead, Havasu area. Check it out prior to selecting the final destination.
    • 2 posts
    December 11, 2012 11:25 AM PST
    kcstoney wrote...
    Ok..we lived in AZ for 7 years in Cochise County...Sierra Vista etc.  .   .   .   . want to stay south of Phoenix, somewhat remote. Who's got the best place to go, chill, and ride from ?
    Long time ago spent a fair amount of time around those places (loved it). No motorcycle then the little riding I did was on quadrupeds but used to like driving the desert at night & spooking myself. - Think it would be even better on a motorcycle
    Your life - Your shoice
    • 834 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:49 AM PST
    kcstoney wrote...
    Thanks gentlemen. We've decided to road trip Kingman, Bullhead, Havasu area. Check it out prior to selecting the final destination.

Thsoe are nice areas becasue they are all near water and close to some nice riding.  I live in the Tuscon area and must say it kind of sucks for riding.  It's hot, flat and lots of long straight roads.  I normally head to Sedona or Williams area when I want some nice riding.  Kingman is a great town, not too crowded and you can either head west to the highlands and ride in the trees, or head down route 66 to Bullhead and ride the river are.

• 48 posts
    December 14, 2012 12:56 PM PST
    Thanks AZRider. The Williams area kind of intruiged us earlier this year. We'll be making a road trip to ice the decision.
  • December 29, 2012 2:40 PM PST
    Check out Wikenburg. On Hwy 60 northwest of Phoenix. it's a small town,but everyone we met was friendly. Wind picks up about 4pm or so and cools things down in summer. Great riding past it to Prescott or head east to Cave Creek and beyond.