Lighting V Star 1100 SILVERADO

• October 9, 2012 5:03 AM PDT
    Anybody had any luck mountimg auxiliary lights on a V Star 1100 SILVERADO? I drive in the dark a lot and need better lighting than the stock headlight. All of the major manufacturers make light bars for the Classic but none will fit the Silverado because of the windshield angle.
    Any ideas?
    Thanx
  • October 9, 2012 5:39 AM PDT
    Remove the windshield???
    Or can you cut around it? Cutting a windshield is easy
    • 130 posts
    October 9, 2012 7:23 AM PDT
    Mount your aux light  on the crash bar with a Pclamp
    • 1 posts
    October 9, 2012 7:46 AM PDT
    I don't believe that the Silverado comes stock with a crash bar, bu they do make soem after market that look just as good as any original eguipment and that may be the most convenient way to mount them.

I have seen them with light bars out in front of the windshield like this one, but I don't know where they got it.

• November 7, 2012 1:20 AM PST
    I bought some after market lights for my roadstar. (Big Chrome) I had a quick on/off windshield. The lights fit fine. but the brackets broke. (arg...thats another story) Yamaha had a light bar like the one in the pic above on the shelf. We moked up the lights and they looked great. I bought theand put them on. They fit great and work great too.
    • 85 posts
    November 8, 2012 4:58 AM PST
    I got most of my accessories from CruiserCustomizing for my V-star and everything fit really well! You might also try www.JPCycles.com my stepson trades with them for his parts and highly recommends them. Good luck.
  • May 21, 2013 12:31 PM PDT
    so back in december i replaced my fork seals and springs on my vstar 1100 custom cause it had been sitting from the guy i bought it from i put 4000 miles on now everytime i get off my bike i run my finger acrossed it to see if its clean and always is.... well today i picked it up from an oil change and my forks were covered in fresh oil and my front end is extremely softer than dropping it off same shop that changed them for the first time now i rarely use my front brakes and use a log with my kickstand to stand upright and i ride maybe 50 miles a day... so on pick up he tells my my springs are shot and seals are shot does this sound fishy to any body like possibly the guy did this on purpose to make money off me because he acted like he didnt remember me from december?