Firearms for Riders

• 19043 posts
    October 9, 2012 4:05 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Am a tad jealous
    NY is really jerky on the subject of handguns. - Ownership permits difficult to obtain carry permits near impossible.
    + On longer rides frequently pass thru Canada where they are uptight about even long-guns.

Plan routes to avoid big cities & when in bear country sleep with a gurkha while praying for the best.

Savage my friend, that is one reason I would never relocate to your state. A few years ago I was considering it and that was the deal breaker.

• October 10, 2012 10:27 AM PDT
    S&W M&P 40.cal compact in the "gun pocket" of my vest. Loaded with Hydro Shock hollowpoints. Works everytime.
  • October 12, 2012 3:52 PM PDT

Ice Bear carries, however If I told you what I carry I would lose my edge.

Ice Bear believes in the right to bear arms, n also to carry a weapon lol, I would rather settle things with a good old fist fight but
    I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to stay standing
    Love n respect ya all...specially if ya ride....

• October 12, 2012 6:03 PM PDT
    I grew up in an outdoor oriented family, hunted all my life, and got my wife a lady's 38 revolver. For some reason I've never purchased a pistol for myself, but always wanted one. It's probably not the best option, but for me, I'll one day purchase a .357 revolver with a 6" barrel. Of course, all hand gun owners hope to never HAVE to use it, just clean and practice with it.