Hello All

• October 3, 2012 11:35 AM PDT
    Name is Richie,  gonna be 61 years old, and just started riding again after a 32 year span.
    Started riding in the service in 1972 in Germany on a Norton Dunstall Super Commando 850.
    Motorcycle was stolen 2 years after I rotated out.  Married my best friend in '77 and then my two kids came and funds were too low to get a new bike.
    Just bought a Yamaha 1300 V-Star, and have been having a ball.
    Hobbies are Longbow and Recurve shooting and hunting, movie watching, and now my bike.
    Living in north NJ now.
    That's enough, don't want to be too longwinded.

Greetings to All,

DocLubo  aka Richie
    • 5420 posts
    October 3, 2012 12:30 PM PDT
    Welcome, seems like a pretty familiar story Glad to hear you found your way back to two wheels.

Enjoy the site!!!
  • October 3, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
    Welcome Richie: I can almost take your complete story and tag my name to it.
    I quick riding for almost 35 years.
    I have bought 3 bikes in the past year.
    I to am like a kid with a new toy.
    BTW in my earlier year I shot a Recurve. Back in those days there was no such thing as a compound.
    I still have a recurve but dont do much with it now.

Welcome to the best biker board in the universe.
    • 16837 posts
    October 3, 2012 4:49 PM PDT
    Hello from the extreme northwest corner of Pennsylvania.
  • October 5, 2012 12:15 PM PDT
    Thanks for the welcome fellas, glad to meet you all.
    Richie
    • 2 posts
    October 5, 2012 1:22 PM PDT
    Little older than you, well, quite a bit older

Been riding off/on for about 50 years, more off than on.
    Mostly put it aside while the kids were home tho would sometimes rescue something from the Penny-Saver

I like recurve archery too. - One feels exactly one with the universe. - Have a compound but that is just mechanics.

Up until the Ulysses never had a ride as cool as a Norton Commando.

Live in the Finger lakes area of NY with wife of 45 years
  • October 5, 2012 11:43 PM PDT
    Hey Doc - same here. Gave up riding before kids, but when my son turned 16 I gave him an inexpensive supermoto. Could not keep my hands off - bought one for myself, then a road bike, then an enduro. Just had to give up the supermoto and road bike (Yamaha Custome V-Star)...now just down to the enduro - Yamaha XT250. Traffic here in the land of yuppies was just to hostile to keep riding on the street. I have kids in college and cant afford to get killed or crippled by some soccor mom on a cell phone.
  • October 12, 2012 1:25 AM PDT
    Thanks for the Greets fellas. Starting to feel comfortable again riding. Looking forward to some good riding this weekend in NJ/NY area. Hoping to find some good events this coming spring. Unfortunately I do not have the good seasons off, I am in the swimming pool business. But I am gonna ride as much as possible until I cannot ride anymore. Hopefully a long time, but 60. Hmmm maybe I trade in the V-Star for a Trike in future.

Cheers
    • 846 posts
    October 12, 2012 1:42 AM PDT
    Welcome from the Northeast corner (Massachusetts) and welcome back to two wheels.
  • October 12, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
    Chaz wrote...
    Welcome from the Northeast corner (Massachusetts) and welcome back to two wheels.

Thnx Chaz,  I'm new here also from North NJ, 

Welcome aboard from me.  Richie

• October 12, 2012 4:59 AM PDT
    Hiya from South Arkansas
    • 85 posts
    October 12, 2012 8:14 AM PDT
    Im glad to see Im not the only one with a few years span between rides, sure is good to be back in the saddle. As far as hunting I use a crossbow, It was a gift so I use it, and like it pretty good too! I dont think they are legal everywhere, I was glad laws passed here in Ga. Ride safe, Hunt hard!
  • October 18, 2012 5:25 AM PDT
    Hello from Virginia! Hope you have fun on the road
  • October 19, 2012 3:49 AM PDT
    Hicky wrote...
    Im glad to see Im not the only one with a few years span between rides, sure is good to be back in the saddle. As far as hunting I use a crossbow, It was a gift so I use it, and like it pretty good too! I dont think they are legal everywhere, I was glad laws passed here in Ga. Ride safe, Hunt hard!

Hi,   Crossbows now legal here in NJ.  Still using my Longbow and wooden arrows with Zwickey broadheads.  Good season so far, 1 (7) pointer and one doe.

G'Luck back at you also.

Richie

• October 19, 2012 3:50 AM PDT
    BusaRider wrote...
    Hello from Virginia! Hope you have fun on the road

Hi BR,

Nice to meet you also.  Have a good weekend.  Richie

• October 19, 2012 3:51 AM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    Hiya from South Arkansas

Hello right back to you.  Nice to meet you.  Have a good weekend 

Richie
  • October 19, 2012 4:42 AM PDT
    Greeting from Southern Ocean County, NJ.....
  • October 19, 2012 5:02 AM PDT
    mac117 wrote...
    Greeting from Southern Ocean County, NJ.....

Same back to you mac,  nice to meet you.
    richie   aka DocLubo