What do y'all think?

• October 2, 2012 4:45 AM PDT
     Whats up everyone. I would like to get your opinion on a new item Im thinking of adding. 

Now this is not yet the FINAL product. This one is the prototype and obviously needs to be cleaned up. Im more curious about the idea. Is it something that would interest the biker community? 

Safe riding all!
  • October 2, 2012 8:47 AM PDT
    Well a good amount of the biker community is into skulls of any sorts and on anything. Its not really my thing but I bet you will have people out there that will appreciate it more than me! Good luck!
  • October 12, 2012 1:21 AM PDT
     Ok. That one wasnt all that great. 

What about this one? Opinions.
    • 85 posts
    October 12, 2012 8:20 AM PDT
    Very cool designs, but is it a Zippo? lol They should do well, biggest thing is getting them into public view!
    • 19040 posts
    October 12, 2012 11:52 PM PDT
    this one is better than the other. If you keep the price comparable it should sell.
    • 1 posts
    October 14, 2012 3:03 AM PDT
    my zippo is still in the box it came in...bettering bic disposables is going to be a hard nut to crack...plus they are cheap as chips. Maybe you might be better designing a cover for bic lighters too...one they slip into...
  • October 14, 2012 11:58 PM PDT
    Thanks for your feedback. These are NOT zippo brand. Thus I price them at $25. The zippo brand typically ranges 40-60$. So considering that its aftermarket, thought that was a fair price.

In regards to marketing...thats probably my bigger issue. At this point it has been listed for 5 days now. But only 6 views.

Im open to any recommendations for marketing ideas. I have tried forums, but its really expensive. And of course you really cant talk on there because you will be stoned to death for spamming. Thats why i love this site. You guys actually respond with the same respect i try to give. Im not going to spam everyone and I actually DO want everyone opinions.

Anyway.....Thanks everyone for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.
  • TNT
    October 15, 2012 12:15 AM PDT
    I think the second lighter is the best and I would buy one for my husband

• 9 posts
    October 15, 2012 12:36 AM PDT

Ok, here's my two on this, Midwest.  First, like bein' brand sensitive to their bike's, most people I know, are also brand sensitive to their accessories.  Like lighters...and I'm not sure where YOU'VE seen Zippo's goin' for $60 bucks, but I sure haven't.  Wouldn't pay THAT much, even if it were embellished with gold accents.  Here's the typical Zippo, plus some acoutremont for a lot less...

Zip Chain Zippo Lighter Combination Gift SetMagnify
    Zip Chain Zippo Lighter Combination Gift Set

Zip Chain Zippo Lighter Combination Gift Set

Code: 24414-IS
    Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

Regular Price: $29.95

This one's goin' for $26.95

And that's just the one deal.  For my money, I want a ZIPPO, and I might pay "a little more" for somethin' that really catches my eye, but I won't pay more than about $30.  And I won't buy a generic.  They just don't last.  You want the best.  If you've got other accessories in the store, this let's 'em know, you CARE about quality.  EH??? 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• October 15, 2012 1:06 AM PDT
    @ Tweek: Thanks for your input. And I agree with your statements.

Although was more looking for opinions on the design of the lighter is all. I do not advertise this is a Zippo. and if I were to be asked (just as I was), i would make it clear that it is not a Zippo (just as I did). Its just a creation that I wanted to know if it was a good design. At that point, it shows i CARE about my product AND my customer service. I do my best to not mislead anyone.

• February 13, 2013 3:49 AM PST
    They are now, zippo brand.