Above the Law

• September 25, 2012 5:18 PM PDT
    Above the Law, Erie County Sheriff drinking and driving, severely injures motorcyclist.

I hope this is ok here,
    • 19040 posts
    September 25, 2012 11:21 PM PDT
    Sincerely hoping that Daniel recovers quick and complete. Also hope that justice can be properly served. ABATE is a great Rights organization that deserves all riders support.
    • 544 posts
    September 26, 2012 3:07 AM PDT
    God bless the bike rider and may justice be done!
  • September 26, 2012 3:57 AM PDT
    Daniel light a white candle for you, may it give aid to you and strenght and help you refocus your anger. To the rest of the family may it give courage and restore faith. Out system here in the US is broken, we must hold those in offices accountable for their behavior both in the eye and out of the eye of the public. We the People are tired of those whom believe that they are "Above The Law" Abate does good work and their on it now. "T"
    • 3006 posts
    September 26, 2012 7:32 AM PDT
    Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery Daniel !!! & prayers for justice to be served.Its doubly sad that a man trained as a police officer could have such poor judgenment & I have no doubt in this case this man wont be above the law anymore since it seems like he wasnt fit to serve in the first place.

Its been a long summer out here,we have had a really high fatality rate for motorcyclists lately,I recall at least 5 during one especially bad week back in August,one of which was an off duty officer who lost control of his Harley trying to avoid a collision with a deer while he was riding home thru the canyon.
    • 2 posts
    October 1, 2012 1:57 AM PDT
    Tumbles wrote...
    .   .   .   .   .   . Out system here in the US is broken, we must hold those in offices accountable for their behavior both in the eye and out of the eye of the public. We the People are tired of those whom believe that they are "Above The Law" Abate does good work and their on it now. "T"

↑ + 1

• 1 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:28 AM PDT
    Like everyone else i hope this man recovers...and is awarded compensation..of some sort. No consellation I know for doing the right thing.
    I however do not agree with one aspect of his bothers testimoney in the video...No drink driver makes a conscious decision to drive. It is an alcohol impaired decision. So saying I am not condoning his actions. Every driver/rider makes this same decision everytime alcohol passes their lips. Zero tollerance may or may not be a good thing depending on your thoughts...but let me ask you this..how long do you think our lifestyle will last....if zero tollerance ever comes in. Sturgis' will evaporate...Daytonas...any biker related event where alcohol is a sponser....think about this before attacking me...I really admire people who attack those in office stating " they think they are above the law" how do you know thats what they think...? In a fair and just system everyone is punished equally under the law...the system lets you down...have a real good think about that before passing judgement ...
    • 2 posts
    October 1, 2012 12:51 PM PDT
    Jonesy1340.
    Respectfully beg to differ. - Don't think anybody is looking to create a zero blood-alcohol requirement.
    When I drink I always test myself before taking the controls of an internal combustion contrivance. Reciting the alphabet, counting from 100 backwards, walking heel-toe (find a really remote place to do these things)
    • 844 posts
    October 1, 2012 1:40 PM PDT
    Yeah, I do that to and in my mind I get it right every time
    • 16831 posts
    October 1, 2012 4:57 PM PDT
    I hope the rider recovers to ride another day, and the cop get's what is due to him.