Going to the Dragon

• September 16, 2012 2:05 PM PDT
    My wife and I will be leaving northwest Indiana got a two lane road picked that looked pretty good to get through Kentucky going to the Pigeon Forge. Does anyone know of anything in the know of anything down in the areathat would be a must see or must do? 

• 79 posts
    September 16, 2012 4:20 PM PDT
    The dragon is worth the trip all by its self.Going over senic rt 73 through the park is a nice ride too.
  • September 16, 2012 8:48 PM PDT
    Cherahala Skyway, Wheels through time, Cherokee National, Foothills Parkway, Railroad that goes through Cherokee National, shoot man the list could go on, there's some falls, a cavern, Cherokee Museum, Cherokee itself, some of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Dollywood, The Builtmore Estate, Really pretty grounds there, helped with a photo shoot of a couple of bikes there, Geeze I guess it depends on what your looking to see and how long you'll be, have a great one! "T"
  • September 17, 2012 3:21 AM PDT
    If you're coming through central KY, hit Highway 33 going over Harrington Lake. The lake view kind of sucks, but the road is gorgeous and it runs right by The Kickstand, this cool little mom and pop bike shop. It's one of my favorite runs in KY.
  • TNT
    September 17, 2012 5:49 AM PDT
    Make sure you go to Barbarosa.....neat little biker bar on the river

• 1855 posts
    September 17, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    Unless you NEED to go, I would avoid Pigeon Forge at all costs. It's a cluster $%^#....6 lanes of traffic, traffic signals every 50 yards, not timed.
    • 2 posts
    September 18, 2012 12:22 PM PDT
    Kind of dream to hit the Dragon. slip the reins & let Uly do what he was born to do.
    Doubt I will ever do it & might kill me if I do but it does linger.

Against the possibility I do get to make the run thanks Jimmyacorn that is what I try to avoid
    • 567 posts
    September 18, 2012 12:58 PM PDT
    Besides the Dragon, the Cherohala and the Foothills Parkway, there's also the Hellbender, the Revenuer, Wayah Road and quite a few others. You could easily spend a week in that area riding them all.
    • 1855 posts
    September 19, 2012 3:34 AM PDT
    The weather is going to be great this coming week. It'll be a wonderful week to experience North Carolina.
  • September 19, 2012 2:46 PM PDT
    Thanks for the info took some notes, we are going for a week with no set agenda so we should be able to do a lot of these things. can't wait Thanks again.
    • 1 posts
    September 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT
    Wife and I do the dragon and the surrounding area every few years. May I suggest you look up the A Holiday Motel they are located in Maggie Valley they are also members of CF and may offer a discount. Also, look up the Devil's Triangle; you'll love that ride. If you have time check out Clingsman Dome in Smoky Mountains, it's worth the hike, the view is spectacular. Let us know how your trip went.
    • 1 posts
    September 24, 2012 4:25 PM PDT
    Enjoy it bro, I sure did....I know for a fact I'll be heading back there in 2015...next time I'll have a video operator on the back though.
  • October 8, 2012 11:28 AM PDT
    Ten days gone, no kids, no grand-kids,just the wife and I, it was a blast took all two lane roads to get from northwest Indiana to Gatlinburg, Tn. There were some roads going through Tennessee that would put the Dragon to shame.it is amazing the things one will see if one just slows down to look. Thanks for the info went to most places in the area, Rode the roads during the day and played tourist at night. Good Times.
    • 1855 posts
    October 8, 2012 2:26 PM PDT
      Good show.

Peace