Travel nurse in New Hampshire looking for friends

• September 14, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
    Hi, Im Annette. Im a travel nurse from Arkansas, currently on contract in New Hampshire. Looking to make some new friends and meet some folks to ride with.
  • September 14, 2012 3:23 PM PDT
    Hiya from South Arkansas. A group of us will be in Fayetteville the last weekend of this month for the bikes, blues, and BBQ gig. I read where they are expecting over 400,000 this year. Come back and visit us :-)
  • September 14, 2012 9:32 PM PDT
    Hi LCStrat, I will be back in Arkansas the end of November/first of December so I will miss Bikes, Blues and BBQ this year. Missing home and my riding buddies something terrible. Ive only been here 3 weeks. Have made some contacts with the PGR, but havent found anyone locally to ride with. You guys have fun and stay safe.
    • 19046 posts
    September 15, 2012 12:07 AM PDT
    You are definitely going to wanna be back south by winter or you are in for serious culture shock...ha

Where in New Hampshire? There are some fantastic roads up there.

Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
  • September 15, 2012 12:47 AM PDT
    Welcome from Florida, oh Girl, what a great area. If ya get the time get up to Fraconia Notch area and do take 112, across over to Maine. Maine has some of the best lobster shacks on the side of the road. The leaves and early morning frost must be happening by now, so a ride up Mt. Washington either by Cog Railway or your bike gives ya an awesome full view. I found the folks there to be very friendly and helpful. OH, yeah and do stop by Heart's they serve Thanksgiving Dinner every night! have a great one "T"
  • September 16, 2012 5:40 AM PDT
    Rex, Im at Hampton Beach. Its a beautiful area, but a bit noisey for my taste. I keep hearing that the tourist will leave soon and it will quiet down...but so far, they are still here in full force.
  • September 16, 2012 5:42 AM PDT
    Tumbles, thanks for the info. I have heard that Maine is the place to have lobster. I tried a lobster roll at the seafood festival here last weekend...I didnt care for it, but I think hot lobster dipped in butter might be more to my liking. I will definately put those routes on my list of things to do. I have been told that Kangamancus is also a must take ride once the leaves start turning. Wish you guys were close enough to go with.
    • 19046 posts
    September 16, 2012 11:47 PM PDT
    Everything T said is great. I like the triangle from Bartlett, Littleton (if you like candy Guinness record candy store there) and Gorham. Crawford Notch on the triangle is an Awesome ride. The Kankamangus is a Great ride (if the road is in good shape) but watch out for leaf peepers. Have fun!
    • 846 posts
    September 17, 2012 5:52 AM PDT
    Annette,

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier would have invited you down for a charity ride over the weekend. I'm in Mass yes that state below NH about 40 minutes from Hampton. It should be getting quite now that the Seafood fest is over. I take it you've done the coastal ride up from the beach up the coast and into Maine. Nice run when it quite or you don't mind the other traffic. There's plenty of good riding up north and to the south. The Kangamancus is good in the fall just stay away on the weekends the traffic is heavy and any side road will be just as colorful when the leafs turn. Give a yell or drop a line if I can be of any help.
    • 580 posts
    September 17, 2012 9:49 AM PDT
    Welcome to this fab site from Yorkshire in England. I can't ride with you cos my bike doesn't float lol but I'm sure you'll find lots of folk around who can (o:
  • September 17, 2012 6:12 PM PDT
    Hi from other side of pond,

Yes, go and do the Kangamangus to Littleton, then zigzag onto 302 and follow it all the way to 16north, then you will have ridden both sides of Mt Washington, then go ride the mountain, well worth the trip
    • 19046 posts
    September 18, 2012 12:21 AM PDT
    Absolutely what Jetman said!
    • 2 posts
    September 18, 2012 12:27 PM PDT
    Yup, welcome from the Finger Lakes area of New York State.

An RN sure would come in handy time-to-time. Thanks for what you do

• September 19, 2012 4:16 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Absolutely what Jetman said!

....lol.....Been there...Done that...lol.....
  • September 19, 2012 11:33 PM PDT
    Thanks Savage, My friends always feel a bit better riding with a nurse
  • September 29, 2012 8:41 AM PDT
    Hello Annette1970 & Welcome,

I am also a new member,
    I have never heard of a travel nurse, do you fill in at hospitals that are short handed or is it something else.

GranpaErnie.