Forward controls

• 21 posts
    September 7, 2012 11:51 PM PDT
    any one install darg specialties forward controls on a sporty?  I must be a moron - I'm having a hellva time with the shifter side -the linkage seems like it;s too short - I cant get the shifter extended forward encough - any ideas?
    • 19007 posts
    September 8, 2012 3:14 AM PDT
    Are you sure they gave you the right parts? I had similar things happen to me.
    • 16798 posts
    September 8, 2012 5:47 AM PDT
    I'd have to see it to figure it out.
    • 21 posts
    September 8, 2012 11:59 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Are you sure they gave you the right parts? I had similar things happen to me.

could be but the kit is labeled for my bike and yr - Im gonna call the tech support monday

• 19007 posts
    September 9, 2012 12:09 AM PDT
    Jay, More than once I got the wrong part/kit even though the package was labeled correctly. Just something to check without seeing first hand your problem.
    • 2 posts
    September 18, 2012 12:16 PM PDT
    HijinxApparel wrote...
    any one install darg specialties forward controls on a sporty?  I must be a moron - I'm having a hellva time with the shifter side -the linkage seems like it;s too short - I cant get the shifter extended forward encough - any ideas?
    That's God's way of telling you that forward controls on a sportster are a crime against nature.
    • 5419 posts
    September 24, 2012 11:36 AM PDT
    Hey Jay, you ever get this figured out???
    • 284 posts
    January 29, 2013 10:54 AM PST
    Wonder if he ever figured it out. I just did my 04 Sporty and the kit bolted right up slick as snot.