the dealth of someone i cared about, again passes away!

• 611 posts
    September 7, 2012 5:10 PM PDT
    Dragon is right... there are many 'Glib Phrases'. The one about 'won't give ya more than you can handle' irks me no end.
    So, I'll say that in 58 years, I have seen so much death and destruction... close friends, family members but never a spouse (or ex). No, I swear it is not you... why did this happen, on these days? Not a clue. My heart and prayers are aimed at you both and I will keep y'all in my thoughts. Write your thoughts down, go for a long walk, sit quietly and have good memories until you feel a little better...
    Sometimes, all you can say is "Please help me get thru this next day/hour/minute." So sorry this happened.
    edge "I Care" walker
    • 395 posts
    September 12, 2012 12:42 AM PDT
    Everyone has their own path to walk..you are not responsible for anyone but you..the timing sucks, but again not your fault...so sorry for your loss and I know you are a very strong woman..your son has a good role model in you and you will both learn to move forward...never forget, keep the memories close to your heart and know that sometimes things happen that we don't understand..but the true test of our merit is how we pick up and continue living..always here if you need to talk....Lola
  • September 13, 2012 4:26 PM PDT
    Lola,Sonja and sweet edgewalker54 ...... you guys are so kind! thank you so much! the hardest for me is, i will never be able to talk to him again, to tell him things i will never be able too! i still cant believe he is gone.... but he's free now! no bars will ever hold him again. my son is doing good.. he's strong and loves life. it hurt him when his dad died... but tomorrow is another day... bless you all! thank you <3
    • 9 posts
    September 13, 2012 10:26 PM PDT
    Been thinkin' a whole lot about my ex Ida. The anniversary of his death is one month to the day before 9/11. So, August and Sept. are pretty sad for me. He was only 42 when he died, and he was one of the few "father figures" my son had as a small child. He never got to have one of his own, and I regret that sometimes. But he loved my son, like his own. And I'm kind of pissed at myself, because I apparently lost the box of pictures that I had of him, and me and our life together. We were married for almost 5 years, and we stayed friends for 18 (til he died).
    He had some problems, (ok, a lot of problems), but deep down, he had a good heart. He just didn't always know
    how to show it. I miss him terribly.  He died 11 years ago, but it feels like yesterday.

Stay Strong.

RIde Free
    Tweek
  • September 16, 2012 10:14 AM PDT
    im sorry sister.... its hard to lose the people we loved... i will miss my ex forever! like you we remained friends and our love for each other was always there.... im sorry for your lose... my ex would have been 52 sept 9th.but he is in a better place ...