How far will you travel

• October 4, 2012 3:46 PM PDT
    I average about 50-55 mph and go until we feel tired. Don’t do itinerary, try to get 200m to 500m a day. I did go from Colorado to Texas about 700m in one day, one time.

I start out about 0600 and go till I find a place to set up the tent. The way I look at it if you’re going to do itinerary and plan everything out. You should just bring the car.
  • October 4, 2012 3:53 PM PDT
    I dont use GPS but my rough calculations are consistent with everyone else. I average 50 mph. I generally avoid interstates - as that riding just sucks. I would rather make fewer but better miles on more interesting roads.
    • 1 posts
    October 6, 2012 3:26 AM PDT
    Jonesy, man I have always said I am a curve aholic... I will travel to hell and back to find a great curve. Now if you throw in a bankie with it I have been known to do 180 and do them again.
    But LMAO...
  • October 6, 2012 1:47 PM PDT
    55 seems to be number. . .with about 500 miles max in a day. Unless theres a real good reason to go further and faster.
    • 1 posts
    October 7, 2012 1:43 AM PDT
    I usually ride until my A$$ falls off and then I have to back track at least 50 or so miles to find it.
    • 544 posts
    October 8, 2012 3:04 AM PDT
    The most I have ever done is a 10 hour trip in one day. Of course I stopped every once in a while to stretch my legs. I'm not sure how many miles it was but it was from Kosciusko, Mississippi to St. Louis, MO. It was a combination of Interstate and highway. It was probably about 460 miles.