Interestng Day

• July 14, 2012 7:56 AM PDT
    I took in a flywheel and old tractor show today.
    I ran into something that I did not expect to see.

1925 Magnat Debon 250CC Two Stroker.

It was the classic trouing bike, complete with passenger seat, grab bar, foot pegs. It even had saddle bags.

You really gotta adimire those early riders. It took guts.   And ladies, even with the smallest rides today you have a fine seat.
    Imagine riding on the back of that bike.

Yes, this bike does run. The owner was quiet proud to have the bike.

See the pictures in my photo hole.

• July 15, 2012 12:24 AM PDT
    some ladies sat on the back but many also road bikes during that time peroid as well...........have a great one!
    • 5420 posts
    July 15, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    The old machines just amaze me. I just love looking at how inovative they were with the materials and technology that was available to them.

Yep, that passenger looks a little rough. Maybe I should get one for Laura for a ride or two than she won't bitch as much when I don't stop often enough with the cushy seat she has now :-)
    • 3006 posts
    July 15, 2012 10:03 AM PDT
    Fascinating post,and motorcycle.The first bicycles were being used here in the US in the early 19th century and were a very common sight back then.Motorcycles were more popular then cars back in the early 1900's,roads were almost impassable for cars, yet bikes & motorcycles had obvious advantages in crappy terrain & conditions,they built those bikes tuff, n so were the folks who rode them.

Would love to ride a couple of those ole timer bikes just to see how they performed.
  • July 15, 2012 10:23 AM PDT
     Sounds like you had a great time.
  • July 15, 2012 2:16 PM PDT
    I love seeing the old bikes at shows. Just think, that was the innovation of the day! I remember reading in a bike mag about a company that came out with a V4, or square 4, a way long time ago, and that stuff is considered new technology by Aprilia, Honda, etc.
  • July 15, 2012 11:28 PM PDT
    our forefathers were brilliant, think of all the creations be it machine or tools themselves all we modern folks do is slap computers on board.....have a great one! "T"
  • July 16, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
    I have a pic of a very nice Western Flyer Whizzer.
    I will post in in a day or so.
  • July 16, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
    Tumbles wrote...
    our forefathers were brilliant, think of all the creations be it machine or tools themselves all we modern folks do is slap computers on board.....have a great one! "T"

Well the computer itself was a pretty good example of a great invention!

But I do agree that what they used to do by hand was pretty amazing, whether it be machines, buildings, bridges and lots of other stuff.  But I am sure glad we have the technology we have today to help us out. 

• 2 posts
    July 17, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
    This motorcycle, "Near-a-Car", believe it or not, was made in Syracuse, NY (& in UK) 1922-1927 (±)
    http://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/neracar.htm  /> Held coast-to-coast speed record
    Particular example is in Arkport Cycles - Don't know if it runs
    • 9 posts
    July 21, 2012 12:44 AM PDT
    Vintage rocks. Cars, bikes, anything mechanical. I have loved to tinker, since I was a curtain-climber. Just wanna see how things were made. Ahh...twas a simpler time, then.

Ride Free
    Tweek