Does this happen in your town as well

• 611 posts
    July 12, 2012 2:47 PM PDT
    Good words from all!
    Damn, for a buncha raspy ol scooter tramps, y'all sure use big words!
    Thanx for your words Jimmy... I too, have worked both sides of the union/non-union electrical trade. Both had their upsides and down... I felt it was a step up so I did the 4 year apprenticeship and graduated in the top three of my class of 36 with a 4.0 GPA and a 98 on the final, kick-my-butt test!
    Moved to Washinton state and got a $5 an hour raise! YES!
    Still, I had to take a 4 hour Journeyman Electrician test (01 license)... finished in 3 hrs and pulled a 87%... oorrahh!
    Uh oh... sounds like a 'Union Propaganda' speech....
    ...What were we talking about???
    • 844 posts
    July 13, 2012 4:38 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...

People that work indoors don't have that so taking breaks, lunch, standing around..........................isn't visible is it?

How many hours a day do inside workers spend on the internet?  Guess if you look like you're working it counts
  • July 13, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
    Up North were the saying goes there's two types of seasons there's winter and then there road work season.
    • 0 posts
    July 13, 2012 2:29 PM PDT
    YUP, here in CT too, or at least thats what it look like to the possibly untrained eye, and they got 2 cops who I think are supposed to be directing traffic, or maybe they are just there to count how many cars go by or something, idk, they are just standing there. I do feel bad for these guys having to be in a uniform in this heat, geez, back in the day (when the bod was young) i'd be out in hardly nothing,lol, let alone long pants & sleeves of any type, or even shoes for that matter.But anyway, I'm sure it's not the most pleasant job and I'm sure they're doing what needs to get done, thanks to all the city workers! (I just wish they'd let them wear less, He-he).
    • 0 posts
    July 14, 2012 1:46 PM PDT