New member and new rider

• July 2, 2012 12:27 AM PDT
    Hey everyone. I posted in the wrong place. My bad.

Anyway, Im a new business here. Im a 1 man team that works on the side in my garage for my business. My son will be born shortly. Hopefully i can get him to help me out with the business. 

Im out of round lake, Illinois. And have been making custom ignition keys, keychains and license plate bolts for about 2 years now. Its a fun side job. You get to meet a lot of new people. I love going to swap meets. 

Ive taken a look around the site a bit, and i like this site. Everyone seems nice. its comfortable.  

HOWDY EVERYONE!

JP
  • July 2, 2012 2:15 AM PDT
    Did anyone slap you around a bit for posting in the wrong place? No? I didn't think so...lol...
  • July 2, 2012 2:25 AM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    Did anyone slap you around a bit for posting in the wrong place? No? I didn't think so...lol...

I know. and thats awesome.

But that doesnt make me feel any less guilty. Haha. Its like stealing a candybar by accident. You know no one seen you, but you sill feel guilty. 

• 3006 posts
    July 2, 2012 3:43 AM PDT
    Welcome from N Calif to the best motorcycle board on the web.

Its funny how the candy tastes sweeter,when its a guilty pleasure LOL

stay safe & enjoy the ride
    • 16798 posts
    July 2, 2012 5:12 AM PDT
    Hello from the Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
    • 658 posts
    July 3, 2012 5:41 AM PDT
    Welcome to the site JP. You'll fit in just fine....
  • July 5, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    New to the site and a new street bike rider .... like the site so far ... im looking for friends on here and maybe people around my area ..... im use to dirt bikes and now im trying to learn all i can about these motorcycles ive got they are 2 yamahas. One is a 85 Virago 750 and the other is i think an XS 750
  • July 5, 2012 10:17 AM PDT
    Hiya from South Arkansas and stay safe.
    • 567 posts
    July 5, 2012 2:25 PM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF. I hope your business will take of and become a great future for you AND your son.
  • July 5, 2012 4:20 PM PDT
    welcome and congratulations on the new baby a coming. I am sure that you will continue to do well and we will see you at some of the larger rallys and such in the next few years. have a great one "T"
    • 1855 posts
    July 6, 2012 1:19 AM PDT
    Welcome from w central Ohio and congrats as well.

Peace
  • July 7, 2012 4:53 PM PDT
    New rider and member here..i just bought a motorcycle 81 Honda cb 400 ...I'm excited!!! I'm wondering if that is good size to learn on for my size. I'm 5'9 320.. Manual says no more than 400..also I'm considering driving it home mainly cause i don't have anyone to transport it..i have experience but only on dirt bikes... What do you fuzz think? Will post pictures later
    • 19007 posts
    July 7, 2012 7:33 PM PDT
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the Best Damn Biker Site on this here web thing.