Anybody Using a Rack and Roll (Yakima) Motorcycle Trailer?

• June 10, 2012 3:26 AM PDT
    Has anyone used this trailer and have feedback on ease of use and reliability?  I am thinking about putting a Rocket Box on it and a kayak.  Wondering if it will handle this load. 

Thanks for any input!

DAB
    Many of the responses I have been getting are referring to putting the Yakima Rack and Roll trailer behind a car. I am referring to pulling the trailer with a kayak and Rocket box behind my 1000 Suzuki V-Strom.  Sorry for the confusion.
    • 19007 posts
    June 10, 2012 4:36 AM PDT
    Looking at their specs it's max cargo weight is 250 lbs. Not much capacity. It does look great for light loads such as kayaks and mountain bikes.
  • June 10, 2012 8:50 AM PDT
    I make all my own trailers, and I make even my smallest ones good enough to take just over a ton......

Make your own trailer mate, its so much better than a bought one!!!
    • 2 posts
    June 11, 2012 1:53 AM PDT
    Looks like something designed for Yuppies, spindly with a major design weak point on the tongue & wheels best suited for lawn equipment.
    There is no point to it - If you can't get your kayak on the roof & your bicycle on the rack retreat to a nice retirement home.
    On the 1st page of the Google search found a failure of the tongue (they did make good)
    For a motorcycle hit U-Haul or Harbor Freight or a local builder
    • 19007 posts
    June 11, 2012 1:57 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Looks like something designed for Yuppies, spindly with a major design weak point on the tongue & wheels best suited for lawn equipment.
    There is no point to it - If you can't get your kayak on the roof & your bicycle on the rack retreat to a nice retirement home.
    On the 1st page of the Google search found a failure of the tongue (they did make good)
    For a motorcycle hit U-Haul or Harbor Freight or a local builder

Ya pretty much nailed it Savage. If you can't put a kayak on the roof, ya shouldn't be kayaking. And I thought the single rail tongue set-up was weak.

• June 11, 2012 4:12 AM PDT
    I really must take a few piccies of the latest one I made, ... its just a load of old scrap angle iron and old bits of plywood on a set of wheels and to try it out I put my own Harley and a sports bike nose to tail on it...if it can haul that it can haul ANYTHING...

I will take a few and add them in here somewhere soon ... It aint rocket science to stick an axle on the ground with wheels on and then add a load of scrap iron to it...and then just stick a tow hitch to the front and then a few reinforcing brackets and there ya go!!!