07 FLHX Rear Brake Pad Update

• May 18, 2012 3:14 PM PDT
    I have successfully removed my brake pads on my Street Glide...took a/b 10 minutes to remove them from the caliper. They were removed from the bottom like Lucky said in my previous post.

One thing though...I mistakenly released (unscrewed) the Bridge Bolts...thinking those were the Pad Pins.

Once I discovered that, I just re-tightened them....hope that's ok...!!!  And maybe thats why the pads just wouldn't release or rather the 'pistons' wouldn't 'float' back into the caliper - I don't know..since this the first time I ever did this....Maybe I should of removed the rear master cylinder cover completely?

I did loosen the two Phillips screws to ease the pressure....but there was pressure alll the way thru this lil task.

Like Black said....my fluid was low - due to the wearing of the pads onto the rotor. The rotor looks ok....no scars, galls , gashes ....

I've posted some pics to show y'all what they look like....bear in mind...this is a big deal for me....I've haven't done this before and really can't wait to get the new pads and installl them....Yea, can't wait for that....

any suggestions / comments on the condition of my pads and pins would be sincerely appreciated guys ...~

later,
    Buddy ...
    • 5420 posts
    July 5, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
    Good job man... Another think you don't have to rely on someone else to do for you!
  • July 5, 2012 7:25 AM PDT
    Just a suggestion for next time. I always take lots of digital photos of what i'm dissasembling so that i'm sure of how it should look when i'm finished. btw did you remember loctite?
  • July 5, 2012 1:16 PM PDT
    No Wheels, damn it....I did not use loctite ...and I guessing you're talking a/b putting that stuff on the pad pins....
    well...I did not ...however I I just return from North Carolina (Tail of Dragon) and brakes worked fine....lol....if they didn't I guess I wouldn't be makin' this post!