New to riding in IL - Girl looking for other newbee riders!? Sor

• May 15, 2012 9:30 AM PDT
    I am looking for experienced and newbee riders to get used to being on the road...
  • May 15, 2012 9:33 AM PDT
    Check out the Southern Cruiser Riding Club .

SCRC Link
    • 1161 posts
    May 15, 2012 3:56 PM PDT
    Well to bad your in IL. I'm a newer street rider been riding on the road since Dec. of 2011. With my CM400T but I'm already for a bigger bike and I want to make the 400 closer to stock (orignal).

Good luck on your search!
  • May 15, 2012 4:01 PM PDT
    Hiya from Arkansas. I'm not a newbie, but we all once were and still enjoy riding these things. Welcome!
  • May 15, 2012 7:31 PM PDT
    Contact your local MSF folks & plug in with them for some other riders. You don't say what kind of bike you have, but also plug in with your local bike specific group.

Find yourself a mentor that will give you some sage advice. NEVER ride faster than you are comfortable. Ride your own ride.

I've got a ton of miles under my belt but I don't like to haul azz like the guys do. I always get there. In fact the big joke is I plan the ride & lead from the rear. Fine by me. That's what I'm comfy with.

Best with ya & hope you can hook up with some friends to ride with. ....or like in my case behind LOLOL

RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE is the best advice I can give ya & I think everyone will agree with that. Having fun is what it's all about. Puckering in my book isn't fun.

Fishy
  • May 16, 2012 5:13 AM PDT
    Thanks all!! I have a 2007 Sporty Nightster...Love it but still getting used to it. I will try the MSF. Take care and be safe out there everyone!
    • 9 posts
    May 17, 2012 9:25 AM PDT

Hey Karla. 

Welcome to ridin' and welcome to Cyclefish.  You couldn't have picked a better spot to come and get your feet wet. 
    No one HERE will steer you wrong.  I like what "Fishy" told you, and that's the truth of it...RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE!  Don't get caught up with a "wannabe" crowd of prepubesent weekend warrior princess'.  And by PPB, I mean the "green". New, or newer rider's like yourself.  Sometimes adrenaline, makes a poor master. 
    A mentor is an EXCELLENT idea.

But, and I stress this... the MSF course, is a MUST, GIRL!!! 
    Here in Florida, it's the law, if you want to be endorsed.  And personally, I think that should be made a nationwide mandate.  (Course, the "old-timers" could be GRANDFATHERED in...lol)  And I like that you ride a Sporty!  My kinda girl.  I've riden all kinds, but my Sporty and I, fit like a glove. To this day, I prefer a Sporty, over anything else. 
    That's just me.  Anywho, WELCOME, and...

Ride Safe, Ride Hard, Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 658 posts
    May 17, 2012 9:46 AM PDT
    Welcome to the site Karla from way down here in NC. What you've been told already is the best advice you can get. They/We won't steer you wrong. (on purpose any way) lol
    Medic