Just a long trip..

• May 15, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
    This season is going to be a long one.  Starting in Arkansas in April, have gone through Colorado into Utah.  From there, will head north through Idaho, Montana, and into Canada.  Then west to the Pacific, down the west coast, all the way to Baja.  Reckon it will take until October.

Maybe I was a little early for Utah, did not believe the forecasts of 6" of snow. Turns out, it was accurate!

• 3006 posts
    May 15, 2012 3:54 AM PDT
    Wow !! Nice CapnFish,
    Thanks for sharing this !! these pics are incredible !!

I also admire your courage for driving into those sorts of conditions. I know from experience how difficult it is to ride in the icy stuff no fun !!! yet do able if done with the proper sort of caution.Your X looks really sweet and the fairing is probably a life saver in the cold stuff !!!

I always carry my bike cover with me when ever I do a overniter anywhere,it has saved blubelle from a lot of harsh elements and some serious rainstorms too,tho out here near the ocean,the worst effects come from the corrosive salt airs that permeate the areas near the water.

Stay Safe & Enjoy the Ride !!!
  • May 15, 2012 5:01 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing! Beautiful pics, ESPECIALLY that last shot.

I was with the ex Ol man last year when we hit an unexpected blizzard heading out of Albuquerque. We were in it less than an hr but the bike and the Ol man were covered in ice & snow by the time we reached the safety of the nearest hotel...I just hunkered down behind him and was very grateful that he had the years, the skill and the strength to get us through!

Have a safe trip and send more pics!!
    ~P
    • 846 posts
    May 15, 2012 6:11 AM PDT
    Wow nice pictures and thanks for sharing. Normally when I see snow on a bike it because someone around here left there bike out for the winter and it makes me cringe. I still cringed when I see the road picture, you did have a set to ride on that road. Hope it wasn't for long.
  • May 15, 2012 10:36 AM PDT
    Lucky it was only 2 out of the 10 days days like that, melted quickly.  did miss having a cover though, that will be on the list as it gets colder in the north.

This is what it looked like just one day later.
    • 1 posts
    May 19, 2012 12:39 AM PDT
    Have done alot of those roads but not this early in the season for the high elevations. When in Oregon kept trying to do crater lake, was still closed because of snow and this was June. Did Bryce in a hail strom, no where to go but up or down, OCH! Bear tooth had an avalanche, check the weather often there. Ride safe have fun and I enjoyed the pictures.
    • 19040 posts
    May 19, 2012 1:34 AM PDT
    Looks like a great ride except fer that white stuff. But it does make for nice photos...
    • 2 posts
    May 21, 2012 10:54 AM PDT
    Envy is a strange emotion for me but yeh, I envy you.

Ride on, ride on
    • 1 posts
    May 21, 2012 11:02 AM PDT
    great words and pics....I still have trouble with the riding season though. I must be lucky living down here.
  • May 31, 2012 12:18 AM PDT
    Continueing the next leg, having some fun in Bonneville.
  • May 31, 2012 12:20 AM PDT
    My brakes are squeeling, any advice?
  • May 31, 2012 12:22 AM PDT
    Ok, before I get hate mail, I did wash it all off, twice..
    • 567 posts
    May 31, 2012 12:23 AM PDT
    The snow pictures remind me of one April when I rode my bike out to Colorado to visit my son. I got snowed on the second day I was there and riding up into the mountains got to be too cold even tho I had my Florida-version of cold weather gear.
    I'll hafta make the trip again some day ... but, during the summer months.
  • August 3, 2012 2:07 AM PDT