RIGHTIO-BLOODY-O KIDS!

• 910 posts
    May 18, 2012 3:50 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    I think Jonesy is in my book. See the preview on page 41... am I right? http://www.blurb.com/books/1838513

Foo-foo...when I c&p'd the link on my browser, I got the comments and not the pic...SHOW ME SOMETHIN' GOOD!
    I WANNA SEE....please?  Tank u berry mush.  

You'll be GOING soon, Miss Buffy!! 

Ride Free
    Tweek

Hey Tweek,
    Do you have quicktime on your machine? I have another option for you to view the book if you can't see it in the blurb preview.

It's part of a class project I did for Advanced Interactive Design last Fall. When I did it I didn't have enough experience/knowledge of the software nor a real script (or enough time to create or learn either). I just kind of winged it. 

This Spring I had a semester of Computer Animation Techniques, now I know how to redo the video the right way. I just have to find the time to get into the comptuer lab on campus to fix it.

Anyhow, I've been working on my class web site since I got out of school last week. Each day I make updates and hopefully it will be ready to release publicly in a month or so.... I'm willing to give you a sneak peek here... with the disclaimer that it's a 'work-in-progress'.

Here is the link to the video on my book:
    http://www.copeaesthetic.net/portfolioPhotography_book.html style="font-size: larger"> 

** I hope this works for you
    xx ~buffy

• 910 posts
    May 18, 2012 4:13 AM PDT
    I should warn you, if you do have quicktime and you do try to watch the video, it takes a bit of time to load/buffer before it will play smoothly.
  • May 22, 2012 12:21 PM PDT
    Buffy - did you get my paypal yet! I sure hope things are working out for you....How are you making out with it so far? Let me know and I will see what i can do with our friends here in GA to help you out!!!
    • 9 posts
    May 22, 2012 12:47 PM PDT
    Buffy, I tried the link and it went to the homepage, then told me I had to install the "plug-in". I installed the "Quick-time" plug in and tried it again, and all I got was a cover page...couldn't see the pic's. I'm not savvy in
    the ways of the computer....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    PS maybe you could send some copies to my email? Lemme know...
    • 910 posts
    May 23, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Buffy, I tried the link and it went to the homepage, then told me I had to install the "plug-in". I installed the "Quick-time" plug in and tried it again, and all I got was a cover page...couldn't see the pic's. I'm not savvy in
    the ways of the computer....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    PS maybe you could send some copies to my email? Lemme know...

I'll keep trying until we find something that works. In the meantime, my Sturgis photos are all in the albums in my CF profile. Could you PM me your email?
    • 910 posts
    May 23, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
    RickHodge13 wrote...
    Buffy - did you get my paypal yet! I sure hope things are working out for you....How are you making out with it so far? Let me know and I will see what i can do with our friends here in GA to help you out!!!

Going to check now, thank you!!! You will be the second official paypal donor. 

Met with another source for a possible scholarship yesterday and am awaiting their decision. I still haven't received notification from 2 of  the 7 scholarships that I applied to in March but  should have an answer from one of them by the end of May. The other one I might not have an answer for until July (long wait!!).

I keep trying, still working on other ideas too, but they will be small things (like auctioning off some of my autographed matte prints)
    • 910 posts
    May 29, 2012 3:58 AM PDT
    Hey all,
    I hope you had an enjoyable Memorial Weekend. I spent the weekend offline while visiting friends in northern NH. I'm back now and I have a quick update for you.

I got a notification from one of the scholarships I was waiting to hear from. I was one of 2,500 applicants for 1,200 awards and they selected me! Also, went to the post office and would like to thank fellow CF'er roadqn for her donation as well.

I'm going to the financial aid office today to discuss current status and paperwork. I'll get back to you on my most current status after that meeting *cross your fingers*!

Much Love! ~buffy
    • 9 posts
    May 29, 2012 4:01 AM PDT
    How's about I say a prayer for Ya? God's got yer back girl! HEY BOOF, get the girl's room ready....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    May 29, 2012 9:59 AM PDT
    Done Tweek old love...Looks like Im putting out the good visitors towels..Lucky we gotta fair bit of pink stuff here for our little mate..CHEERS BOOF
  • May 30, 2012 12:48 PM PDT
    Hi Buffy, just checking in to see how things are going with your FUNdraising? How close re you to your goal? I know you have been working your AdoubleS off trying to make this happen and I also know you WILL! Give us a breakdown and let us know how close you are to your GOAL....How do you say college in Australian? BEER :-)
    • 910 posts
    June 1, 2012 5:08 AM PDT
    RickHodge13 wrote...
    Hi Buffy, just checking in to see how things are going with your FUNdraising? How close re you to your goal? I know you have been working your AdoubleS off trying to make this happen and I also know you WILL! Give us a breakdown and let us know how close you are to your GOAL....How do you say college in Australian? BEER :-)

Hey sorry, I meant to post sooner but I've been chasing down answers and submitting documents for the scholarship I was selected for. I managed to get it all submitted by the deadline (today) so now I wait to find out if I am finally approved. What a mental rollercoaster!!!

In the meantime, I am on my way to drop off paperwork for a loan request through school. I asked for $2,000. 00 but they offered me $500.00 *sigh*.

If I get the scholarship and loan mentioned above then I'm now down to my last $5,000.00 needed for my trip.

I started a new scholarship request that "might" (cross fingers, think good thoughts, offer prayers, wish me luck) contribute 'up to' $1,300.00 toward next semester. The contact I spoke with isn't sure I'll get it, and even if I do, there is no guarantee they will give me the max... but I'm *hoping*.

If I do get the max then I'm down to only $3,700.00 (approximately). 40 days to go to get it all done *yikes*!!! 

I still have one last scholarship that I applied to in March to hear back on too. Was warned I might not have an answer from that one until July which could be AFTER I leave
    OH and a BIG BIG BIG thank you to you and the other 3 CF'ers who've helped me out. Every day I'm one step closer to a dream come true!
  • June 3, 2012 1:41 PM PDT
    i KNOW there has to be some other CFers that want to help sponsor your trip, but in the meantime, I will keep checking all the lottery tickets I have lying around hoping for a winner that will help get you "down under" and I think it is time to start working with my Safety-Kleen and NASCAR contacts to see if they cant help you out! Seems to me there has to be a NASCAR sponsor with some Aussie connections out there somewhere......
    Keeping fingers and toes crossed (as long as I can) and thinking nothing but good thoughts and prayers that will help you you there!!!
    • 910 posts
    June 7, 2012 8:48 AM PDT
    I want to thank the kind anonymous CF donor who mailed me a money order from the IN area 6/4/2012 with "have fun" written in the memo. I'm grateful for the donation, and doubly appreciative after reading the nice note included. You've touched my heart and renewed my hope. Thank you!!!! xx
    • 910 posts
    June 12, 2012 5:44 AM PDT
    Good news, I've been awarded another scholarship. This one in the amount of $750.00. This plus 2 personal donations puts my new fundraising goal at $4,100.00.

I'm still waiting to be notified by the scholarship that "could" be up to $1,300.00 IF they give it to me... But so far I'm moving in the right direction. :-)

IF (if, if, if) they give me that one and if it is the max then my new goal will be $2800.00 but I better not count it until I'm notified. Keep thinking those good thoughts (prayers, luck, crossed fingers, good vibes).
    • 1516 posts
    June 12, 2012 6:04 AM PDT
    Positive thoughts going your way
  • June 12, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
    Buffy - good to hear that the fund raising efforts are paying off. I will keep those positive thoughts coming your way and keep working to see if I can help somehow further a worthy cause......
    • 910 posts
    June 13, 2012 2:41 PM PDT
    ahh, here is a quick update: The scholarship for $750 was actually to be applied to the whole year or $375.00 per semester. so I have to add $375 bak to my total, BUT that small setback is offset by more good news. I was "unofficially" told I got that other scholarship I was waiting for (the one with all the "IFs" in the post). I will hopefully have written confirmation and an amount to report soon. Keep thinking those positive thoughts and everything else you are doing... it seems to be working :-)
    • 0 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:49 PM PDT
    OK HERES HOW ITS GONNA GO LITTLE MATE..YOUR OUR GUEST AND OUR MATE SO WE AINT GONNA ROUGH YA UP FOR LIVING EXPENSES AND SHIT..JUST GET DOWN HERE AND WE'LL KEEP YA IN BEER AND GAS....WE CAN HAVE A COUPLA RIDE DAYS AND RAFFLES AND SHIT AND ALL WILL BE COOL..DONT STRESS ABOUT THE BUCKS LIL MATE..IT'LL ALL BE FRIGGIN COOL..REPEAT STOP FRIGGIN STRESSING! YOU GOT SOME GOOD MATES DOWN HERE THAT AINT GONNA SEE YA WITH THE ARSE OUTTA YA STRIDES...JUMP ON THE BIG SILVER BIRD AND WE'LL SORT THE FUNDAGE AS WE GO..BRING A BAG FULL OF YA PICTURE BOOK COZ WE CAN SELL THOSE BUGGERS AT PRIMO RATE TO NON STURGIS GOIN MOFO'S...TRUST OLD BOOF..I GOTTA HANDLE ON THIS SHIT..NOW CONCENTRATE ON YA GRADES N STUFF.....CHEERS BOOF
    • 910 posts
    June 14, 2012 2:57 AM PDT
    Gus I like how you think. No stress - all smiles. Looking forward to my arrival. xx ~buffy
    • 0 posts
    July 3, 2012 9:52 AM PDT
    NOT BLOODY LONG NOW...MARNI AND I ARE GETTIN ALL EXCITED...WE GOTTA FEW SUPRISES PLANNED FOR OUR LITTLITTLE MATE WHEN SHE GETS HERE..THANX TO ALL YOU MOB FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN HELPING A LITTLE BATTLER MAKE HER DREAMS COME TRUE...CHEERS BOOF