An Arizona Road I want to ride...

• 19034 posts
    April 27, 2012 9:53 AM PDT
    Traveling through AZ today I spotted this road on the map. Unfortunately I was in an RV so this road had to be avoided but you can bet it has been put on my list of 'Rex's Rode Roads.' Has anyone riden this? If so tell us about it. Is it as good as it looks on the map?

• 5420 posts
    April 27, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
    Rode the road last year during the Too Broke for Sturgis Rally at Mormon Lake.  It is a great road... toward the northern part tree lined and toward the southern part nearing Sedona beautiful red rock cliffs.  It is twistie, but not too bad.  A few hair-pin turns and a lot of 3 gear type stuff the rest of the time, a lot of fun to jsut relax and take in the scenery.

Here are a few photos from the road... (and yes, Joey was there too!)

• 19034 posts
    April 27, 2012 7:09 PM PDT
    Thanks Lucky.
    • 1 posts
    October 8, 2012 7:29 AM PDT
    Did it 2 weekends ago. Fun. Was told I was "Different" as I did this one time in a pick up truck and it was intence. On my bike it was a blast! I will see if I can not get the Wooly man to post a picture of the best part all the hairpins together.
    • 834 posts
    October 8, 2012 12:21 PM PDT
    Yep that is one of our fun roads, but during the summer and weekends you get a lot of car and camper traffic. If you go SW from Sedona there are some real nice roads in the Jerome area also. And the best thing about those areas is they are up off the desert floor so you can comfortably ride them all year.