RAIN.......

• 1 posts
    April 26, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    Coming home from a monster weekend away with the boyz, I hadbeen invited to drive up with another mate for the weekend, but Not me, I'm in a bike club not a car club...so away i went..Friday it threatened rain all day...Saturday was clear...and the rally was a huge success, riding on that success...ol hewy let us have it from 4am Sunday morning...Leaving to go home in the wet isn'tso bad...at least at the other end its home...but getting there battling the elements can be an arduous event. 
    Rounding a bend in the road on the hiway it started bloody hailing....I couldn't believe it..rain with an open face lid is bad enough, but hail...no way. I started looking for a huge tree to shoot in under...better yet a roadside rest area complete with   a shed in it...problem was there were people inside there...too bloody bad for them...it didn't take em long to realise my intention when i lined up the section between the tables at 30 mph...and ididn't look like stopping...they scatered like a le mans start for their cars...and in i went. skidding to a halt....SAFE!

An older couple where there with the caravan, and Mum looked at me, a drowned rat....but smiling at my great fortune at finding shelter...Would you like a coffee son? Love one thanks love...the old boy just made a hurrumph noise and walked away...and checked out my bike...Once the helmet came off and he saw my grey haired head..he came around more...Mum was shocked...arern't you a bit old for this bike stuff...No ma am I said, keeps you young! I enjoyed the coffee and a few cigarettes..the rain let up and i took off once again...made it home, soaked to the skin..but a hot shower and dry clothes and another brew makes everything fine in no time!
  • April 26, 2012 12:58 AM PDT
    Great story Jonesy!! Few things feel better to the skin then warm dry cloths after a good soakin!
  • April 26, 2012 1:44 AM PDT
    Rain I can deal with, snow I can push on through, but hail, thats another story all together. I wouldve found someplace also. Nice to see at least someone looked through the rough exterior and was kind and courteous. Glad you got a place to shelter and made it home safe!
  • April 26, 2012 2:10 AM PDT
    Now Ya know "Everything is Better When Wet." LOL! I've been in South Dakota and it started hailing as a very strong storm blew through out there in some areas the only thing ya can do is pull over and hide behind your bike............hands over head to protect. The gas tank got dings but other than that it was groovey, I think that was the first shower in a bout 3 days so it was refreshing........LOL! I think that was the same storm that sent a mudslide through Deadwood that took out a bunch of parked bikes. I remembered hearing whisperings of that happing. Glad ya had a great time........you bully pushing all them folks from their shelter now..........have a grea tone T