Bug Juice anyone?

• 79 posts
    March 12, 2012 9:49 AM PDT
    Has this ever happen to you? I've traveled the roads for years and hit many things from bugs, peices of tread from a semi and a coke can. Honestly, I've never hit a bug the size of this one. Customer sent me this today...he wanted to thank us for the new sunglasses he got and says if it wasn't for the z87 lenses they probably would of cracked. He said it probably was the size of a small bird.lol Maybe a lil exageration but none the less I thought I would share.
    • 5419 posts
    March 14, 2012 1:17 PM PDT
    Wow. Gotta love those who where the 3 pairs for $20 glasses they get at rallies as eye protection. Would probably still be picking pieces of plastic out of your eye ball!
  • March 14, 2012 2:48 PM PDT
    Way back in the early 80's I was riding my favorite curvy Hwy. This huge bug, I saw it coming, splattered on my helemt face shield. It was reddish violet stuff all over the face shield. I had to stop and wipe it all off to go any farther. I'm guessing it was a Cacadia, or Katy Did as some call them. Big thick bugs that leave their shell on trees every 7 years. Dragon flies are bad here also. Out in East Texas, they have love bugs that will cover a car or bike in September. If you don't get it off semi quick it will eat away the paint. They call them love bugs because you never see one, but two suck together. I knew you all needed to know that. lol
  • March 14, 2012 3:05 PM PDT
    AUGHHHHHHH..... I ride with my face covered always there is NO part of my face that is visible, I get called the Ninja Rider. So how the hell did I get hit with a bug so big that guts... just like that picture ran down the INSIDE of my sunglass lens?.... It was friggin gross.... I couldn't wipe it off, It was super sticky and smeared, that shit was everywhere. I had to wait til we got back to town where I soon found out it was worse than I thought, I got looks and comments when I walked in to the local biker dive and was able to see the mess it left when I got into the ladies room. I am so glad I ride with my face covered.
    • 79 posts
    March 16, 2012 8:20 AM PDT
    IEDarla wrote...
    AUGHHHHHHH..... I ride with my face covered always there is NO part of my face that is visible, I get called the Ninja Rider. So how the hell did I get hit with a bug so big that guts... just like that picture ran down the INSIDE of my sunglass lens?.... It was friggin gross.... I couldn't wipe it off, It was super sticky and smeared, that shit was everywhere. I had to wait til we got back to town where I soon found out it was worse than I thought, I got looks and comments when I walked in to the local biker dive and was able to see the mess it left when I got into the ladies room. I am so glad I ride with my face covered.

^^^^LOL
    • 9 posts
    March 20, 2012 11:51 AM PDT
    Nasty. I know I've had cicadas hit me before.