Camping pad

• 1855 posts
    February 26, 2012 1:20 AM PST
    Now, I don't know if we're going back into camping on the road.  Afterall, we've gotten use to the motel comforts over the last few years.  However, anyone have a line on a sleeping pad?
    thanks

Peace
    • 2072 posts
    February 26, 2012 1:50 AM PST
    They sell a blue, light weight one at Wallyworld for under 20.00. Not to bad ........
    • 5420 posts
    February 26, 2012 2:13 AM PST
    We use an air mattress ourselves. We made the room by eliminating sleeping bags. Just carry air mattress, sheet and blanket. Takes up less room then two sleeping bags and is a lot more comfortable - just like sleeping in a bed.
  • February 26, 2012 3:23 AM PST
    uses Air mattress too, got a battery operated air pump, cause not all campgrounds have electric and I don't have thoses extra plug in crap on my bike. have a great one "T"
  • February 26, 2012 3:31 AM PST
    If my overnight trip is within a few hundred miles and only for a couple of nights I pack the coleman air mattress and battery operated pump. If it is a longer/farther trip I will pack a sleep pad....pretty small...works...REI has some great ones. Damn just typing this makes me want to pack up and go!!
    • 130 posts
    February 26, 2012 4:32 AM PST
     Therm-a-rest brand has about the best reputation.  We use the back packer model.
    • 2 posts
    February 26, 2012 4:59 AM PST
     Use what you can get - Lash it on the outside, bulky but so light has no effect on center of gravity. If it blows off (never has for me) buy a new one the next time the road widens

What I am looking for is a tent that can be erected quickly, in the dark. Most nites end up sleeping under the stars, w/ sleeping pad, serape & sometimes a tarp to keep the dew off because don't want to take the time to put the tent up.