Yesterdays ride

• 1 posts
    February 25, 2012 12:30 PM PST

Yesterday was postcard perfect, blue skies all around with a light breeze breeze to feather the senses, the ride started at 10am with 28 bikes, turning out of the Mc Donalds  carpark, can be a hassle as it turns into the main Highway.Usually though a bike blocks a lane, yesterday it was 5 bikes blocking so biggy..the ride south was spectacular the sites and the smells...summer here in the south is always beautiful when it's not raining.The perfumes change dramatically within 100 of metres. Yesterday saw my fender fluff as my daughter it has been ages since we took a ride together. Fathers and daughters tend to grow apart once the boyfriend comes along. But yesterday she had plotted against me, and was in her favour to badger me for the rear seat. It also cost me more than it should have...Daughter has expensive tastes , informing her she had better get a taste for beer fell upon deaf ears and a smile...You leave the city atmosphere very fast where i live and next you ride into rolling green coastal hills, that follow the coast coming over headlands, the sea and the beach vistas dissapearing behind you. Turning westward we travelled up into the mountains...heading for Nerriga. The smells change...to that of the bush and all things that pertain to it...driving past the odd location the smell of death assails our nostrils...that sickly sweet aroma. It is gone as quick as it came...winding mountain roads are fun following a tight knit group thats ridestogether alot, from the back you see a giant multicoloured metal snake as it weaves its way along the road. Down into a valley and the ride is over, the predetermined destination has been reached...

• 1516 posts
    February 25, 2012 1:12 PM PST
    Sounds like a great day..
    • 58 posts
    February 28, 2012 7:50 AM PST
    My daughter is bringing her guy home for the first time this weekend. We will still get a ride in though. She has spoken!
    • 580 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:03 AM PST
    Sounds a brill day Jonesy and the weather's picking up here now so won't be long before we're out too.

And go easy on that young guy Rufcut hee hee
    • 3006 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:24 AM PST
    Australia is definitely on my bucket list ; ) have some relatives down Sydney ways & fully intend on taking up their offer to come visit & enjoy some real Aussie beers !!! Sounds like a really wonderfull place to ride.
    Thanks for sharing this !
    Stay Safe & Enjoy the Ride
    • 58 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:36 AM PST
    chocmintz wrote...
    Sounds a brill day Jonesy and the weather's picking up here now so won't be long before we're out too.

And go easy on that young guy Rufcut hee hee

OK.  I'll only pull out 1 shotgun and 1 pistol.  LOL