Street Cred

• 3006 posts
    February 9, 2012 4:02 AM PST
    This is an interesting term,street cred.Havent heard it used in years tho,in my mind it refers to a certain level of experience gained from certain sorts of activitys that gain a person notoriety on the street scene.

Never had any, I suppose & never cared if others thought I had any LOL especially when it came to riding my motorcycle.

Yet in a sense its relevant,I would give ya some street cred,if like me you have split lanes on any bridge in the bay area commuting to work every day. That would describe a certain level of skill and confidence for me,I could relate to.So I can see why a ryder would give you street cred for taking a nasty spilll,I certainly would.

Stay Safe & Enjoy the Ride ; )
  • February 9, 2012 4:25 AM PST
    Plurple...been there done that...on baggers!!!!... otherwise yer sittin for HOURS!.... Also figured out after visiting Napa.... It sorta helps if you down a couple bottles... ;~)

Later...Wooly
  • February 9, 2012 5:22 AM PST
    Wooly wrote...
    Plurple...been there done that...on baggers!!!!... otherwise yer sittin for HOURS!.... Also figured out after visiting Napa.... It sorta helps if you down a couple bottles... ;~)

Later...Wooly

It is a little trickier on baggers to be sure! But if I've been making time all day, then suddenly get caught in a stand-still on the slab, I want to keep air flowing over my motor. It happens!

The last time I threaded the needle with my bagger I was behind schedule to get to a welcome home mission, so I had my flag poles on the bike. I wasn't flying the flags, otherwise I would have worried about them getting tangled up in someone's mirror--that would be interesting! But traffic wasn't moving, so I was making some very aggressive lane changes and worked my way to my exit as quick (and as safely) as I could. I wasn't going too fast when passing between tractor trailors though, given the 6 foot pole I had on each saddle bag.

• 3006 posts
    February 9, 2012 1:19 PM PST
    Wooly wrote...

Later...Wooly

Napa has some great backroads to cruise while doing a winery tour,and being able to git around the traffic is priceless!!! I cant count how many times I have split lanes or rode the shoulder to git around f'd up traffic here in the bay area,people are pretty kool abt it too,n I dont ride like a bat outta hell,....well most times I dont !!! 

• 1161 posts
    February 9, 2012 2:31 PM PST
    Guess I don't have any. Last time I heard this term it was a guy with his pants hanging around his nuts. As for biker credit nope don't have any of that either.
  • February 9, 2012 2:41 PM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    Guess I don't have any. Last time I heard this term it was a guy with his pants hanging around his nuts. As for biker credit nope don't have any of that either.

Seakers we the lucky few:-)

• 1161 posts
    February 9, 2012 2:44 PM PST
    Lol
  • Ry
    February 9, 2012 3:45 PM PST
    Seakers wrote...

Seakers, I must have met the same guy out here years back. Didn't have any then, pretty sure I still don't now...

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2012 5:58 AM PST
    I got a couple of cred cards and store cred at home depot, but I''ll probably use that this weekend. I'm not sure about street cred.