Did you see that Harley launched two new bikes last week?

• February 8, 2012 7:59 AM PST
    I think a nice black FX Springer front end would look tight on the Softail.
    • 0 posts
    February 8, 2012 8:13 AM PST
    That bloody fender looks queer..The white walls look shit hot on the sporty..Might grab a set for the ironhead..Cheers BOOF
    • 1161 posts
    February 9, 2012 2:43 PM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I heard about the new releases and I don't particularly care for either one. I don't understand Harley's thinking with the sporty. Oh, I've always liked Sportsters but enough is enough IMHO. Sportster nostalgia? Give me a break. As for the Softail Slim, nix on the frontend, like the front tire/rim setup, nix on the bars, and I'm thinking the Night Train is a helluva lot better option.

Like Black9, I have a new Switchback. I got ride of a 2010 RoadKing to get the new bike but honestly, I'm not so sure I made the right decision in bike choice. I wanted something lighter, more manueverable, shorter wheel base, etc. and the Switchback has that. But I'm real skeptical on how it's going to fit, travelling two up and all. We'll be trimming down on our packing and that's always fine with me but I'm still wondering if I should've looked closer at another style.

Must be my 63 years doin' all this thinkin' for me. I've never pondered about shit like this before. There's this irony in being retired in that you get to travel all ya want but for some reason ya find yourself having to "make plans". Hell, I never made plans; I just took off. lOL

I loved the Night Train wish they kept it,  but been looking at the Fatbob and the new Victory Judge for the price at 13,999-14,999.  And when I could get an outdated sporty that has been around for years.  But then again it is sad they don't have any mid sized bikes for some of us riders that are new to riding our own street bikes.

• February 10, 2012 5:08 AM PST
    Black9 wrote...

ABSOLUTELY!!!

• February 10, 2012 6:01 AM PST
    Call it the Night Train Springer or the FXSTNS :-)
    • 2 posts
    February 17, 2012 10:38 AM PST
    Black9, why the big, automotive type, front tire on the soft tail?
  • February 18, 2012 12:08 AM PST
    Black9 wrote...

Exactly!  I think that's the missing piece.  Good call, man.

• 1855 posts
    February 18, 2012 12:33 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I heard about the new releases and I don't particularly care for either one. I don't understand Harley's thinking with the sporty. Oh, I've always liked Sportsters but enough is enough IMHO. Sportster nostalgia? Give me a break. As for the Softail Slim, nix on the frontend, like the front tire/rim setup, nix on the bars, and I'm thinking the Night Train is a helluva lot better option.

Like Black9, I have a new Switchback. I got ride of a 2010 RoadKing to get the new bike but honestly, I'm not so sure I made the right decision in bike choice. I wanted something lighter, more manueverable, shorter wheel base, etc. and the Switchback has that. But I'm real skeptical on how it's going to fit, travelling two up and all. We'll be trimming down on our packing and that's always fine with me but I'm still wondering if I should've looked closer at another style.

Must be my 63 years doin' all this thinkin' for me. I've never pondered about shit like this before. There's this irony in being retired in that you get to travel all ya want but for some reason ya find yourself having to "make plans". Hell, I never made plans; I just took off. lOL

I loved the Night Train wish they kept it,  but been looking at the Fatbob and the new Victory Judge for the price at 13,999-14,999.  And when I could get an outdated sporty that has been around for years.  But then again it is sad they don't have any mid sized bikes for some of us riders that are new to riding our own street bikes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mid-sized bikes" because I'm thinking Harley has always had that; either in the FXR and the Superglide.  This dyna superglide custom is a pretty sweet mid-sized motorcycle IMHO and priced within your numbers above.

2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom Motorcycle