Super Trapp exhaust

• February 6, 2012 2:20 AM PST
    OK on my new Switchback I got a Screamin' Eagle (Super Trapp) slip on muffler with a Spark Arrester (a design for off road vehicles not road bikes) Anyway, they seem to fall on their face in certain spots so I contacted Super Trapp and I was talked into ordering their open design with fewer plates involved... next thought was going with that adaptive Terminal Velocity III for fuel management by Terry Components. Anyone else have experience with the Super Trapp stacked plate design? Hell anyone use the Terminal Velocity III EFI Module? 
    • 5419 posts
    February 6, 2012 2:37 AM PST
    I've been running the SuperTrapp slip-ons on my road king for 6 years. Same ones I just moved them to my '07 when I got it. I run 'em open with no end cap plate they perform and sound great.

Only problem I had was when they were a little over 2 years old the weld failed right were they taper in the front. Contacted SuperTrapp and since they were out of warranty they gave me a new set for 1/2 price.
  • February 6, 2012 4:07 AM PST
    WOW! Talk about standing behind your product! What fuel management system do you use or do you just run em stock?
    • 1855 posts
    February 6, 2012 5:31 AM PST
    I've got the D & D slip on muffler on my new Switchback. I like the sound...not too loud. I've done nothing yet regarding a fuel management system.

Peace
  • February 6, 2012 7:01 AM PST
    Yeah I figure I'll just do it the ol' fashioned way, run it with the pipe and see how it goes... the Terminal Velocity III is suppose to clear up any and all pops on deceleration and learn and adapt to the way you ride. Kind of like a mix between a Power Commander and a ThunderMax only it runs off your ECM and utilizes your stock 02 censors.
    • 5419 posts
    February 6, 2012 7:18 AM PST
    Just running them stock on my '07 Road King. Really haven't noticed any problems with popping on decel.

I did have issues with them on my '02 and had to have the carb re-jetted.

And yeah, I was pretty impressed with how they took care of me when the weld broke. They didn't even ask me to send the old one back, just emailed them a picture.
  • February 6, 2012 7:48 AM PST
    Well I've never owned them myself but I have put a few on here and there and thought the disks were kinda weird... but as is they do pretty good.
  • February 7, 2012 6:10 AM PST
    OK got the new set up for my Super Trapp today, installed them and WOW! I'm hoping the rain lets up some so I can get the hell down the road a bit to check em out better! But man they sound NICE! Not bad for a stock bike!
  • February 7, 2012 11:28 AM PST
    Black9, Been thinking about exhaust on my '12 CVO Roadglide (Custom)...not wanting the fuel management system yet on it...yet...just wayyyy too quite.... Really like look of the stock exhaust on the CVO though... Any suggestions? Anyone?
  • February 7, 2012 11:32 AM PST

• February 7, 2012 12:09 PM PST
    Wow the back end of that thing looks awesome too. Can't help ya, I just ordered some Rushes......lots of em out there, hard to choose.
  • February 7, 2012 2:11 PM PST
    What's wrong with what's on there? Pull the baffles, take the wrap of the baffles, then cut the baffles in half reinsert the baffles and you should be plenty rumbly and loud! ;-)

Make sure when you cut the baffles in half that you make a note of where the fitting screw hole insert are so you don't cut them off that way you can put it back together without any problems. It's how I do it! :-)
  • February 15, 2012 8:48 AM PST
    OK check em out... not too bad!

and this is a few revs!