Gosh so sorry I have an opinion!

• February 5, 2012 6:40 AM PST
    Hey I read stuff on here all the time, threads with titles about who's a real biker and did you choose the bike or did it choose you, we talk about helmets, gloves, transmissions and the crazy trips we've been on and as soon as ANYONE reads anything that has EVERYTHING to do with what this site is about like to stand on some self righteous platform and DARE to preach to those they don't even ******* know because they are also in touch with their biker side, or rider side or whatever you want to call... I aint afraid to call myself a biker, that's what everyone I know has been referring to me for years... so I'm good with that, it's my identity for them.
    There is a lot more to me than that of course, I love my wife and kids above all else, I love music, I enjoy going to new places and I do embrace change and from time to time I enjoy sharing my opinion, but I'll make sure not to do that here again.
    • 0 posts
    February 5, 2012 7:22 AM PST
    Black old mate dont get cranky..As I know better than most"cant make em all bloody happy all the time".All this name calling and tagging seems to be more of a storm in a tea cup to me..I dont give a shit what any bugger calls me as long as the dont call me late for happy hour..We all know who we are and what we've done and like.I watched alot of different "tribes" when I was in Sturgis and some of those blokes with those bloody big arse toy haulers were bloody good blokes,their missus's were'nt to hard on the eye either..I tend to ride and party with people who are like me and have the same sorta interests so I believe in each to their own mate..People are gonna always get their knickers in a twist over opinions and make their own observations of whats said.No godd getting upset mate..Ya know something, not everyone agree's with what I say alot of the time..I couldnt give a flying f#ck what they reckon...Stress less amigo...CHEERS BOOF
  • February 5, 2012 7:26 AM PST
    I am of the opinion, that you aren't REALLY sorry that you have one.
  • February 5, 2012 7:26 AM PST
    Good advice my friend... observations aside it would seem that the written text is lost on many especially those with an ax to grind from their daily lives. F*ck, you're right! :-)
    • 1 posts
    February 5, 2012 7:40 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    I am of the opinion, that you aren't REALLY sorry that you have one.

• February 5, 2012 8:37 AM PST
    AND BOYHOWDY!!! When you're right you're right fefe!!! LOL
  • February 5, 2012 8:46 AM PST
    • 1855 posts
    February 5, 2012 8:50 AM PST
    Well B9, I don't read every post on CF so I don't know where that came from. But ya know, I'll be 64 next month and I have opinions out the ying yang. Lately I've noticed that most of 'em aren't entirely my own after all. It seems lots of Cyclefish members echo much the same as I. I've seen a bit of myself in many posts, especially yours, and I've never seen you up on your high horse as it were. You don't come off that way to me. And IMHO, if you feel lilke spoutin' off about something then have at it. I figure you'll most likely be speakin' for me as well. LOL

Peace
  • February 5, 2012 8:57 AM PST
    Everyone has an opinion on something, so what, it's only an opinion. Nothing to get your panties in a wad.
  • February 5, 2012 8:58 AM PST
    LOL JimmyAcorn! Thanks, all my opinions have been molded through my experiences with others that have helped me out over the years as well! Also, you don't get older by being stupid! Some of the best friends I've ever made were from people in your age group, they have some keen perspective in their years of observations and I appreciate it a lot!
    • 1855 posts
    February 5, 2012 8:59 AM PST
    jbirdak wrote...
    Everyone has an opinion on something, so what, it's only an opinion. Nothing to get your panties in a wad.

Uh oh!!! That "panties" thing?

Peace
  • February 5, 2012 9:13 AM PST
    hopefully they're sexy panties!
    • 1161 posts
    February 5, 2012 10:01 AM PST
    Not sure what it was about but I think jimmy hit the nail on the head. I'm right with you B9 most of my friends are all older then me as well, I love to hear their stories and experiences.
  • February 5, 2012 10:18 AM PST
    Black9... Havent been here long but have quitely watched and getting the feel of the land.... Have found you to be a "brutally honest" and pull no puches... All my respect...

So many sterotypes with being a biker... a very good friend of mine who is by no means a novice... always stated "I am NOT a biker...just a guy who LOVES to ride motorcycles"...

Went for a ride today 200 miles in low 40's... my mental therapy...

Later...Wooly
    • 1516 posts
    February 5, 2012 11:07 AM PST
    Well if you keep posting I think we will just have to keep on readin em!
  • February 5, 2012 11:14 AM PST
    There will be those days when someone else's opinion will rub you the 'wrong' way .......... it's their opinion and I take it with a grain of salt that they have 'walked' a different path, so who am I to question that? Life is too short to spend energy on another's opinion just because you see it differently; CF members are a separate 'family' so to speak so I seek 'refuge' here ........... however, I don't get much feedback on my opinion or perspective, so what? It's great to have a 'platform' if that's what you are searching for. I just like riding and really enjoy female bikers' perspective, not much to say on anything else ............at 51, I've lived a 'different' life than most CF members here but doesn't mean it's a positive or a negative, leave the drama at the door; I'm having a great life, personally and professionally and do care about other human beings but I definitely 'earned' my place and will help those who struggle when possible; enjoy your life and appreciate those who enjoy it with you.
    • 1161 posts
    February 5, 2012 11:26 AM PST
    bikeNrun14 wrote...
    There will be those days when someone else's opinion will rub you the 'wrong' way .......... it's their opinion and I take it with a grain of salt that they have 'walked' a different path, so who am I to question that? Life is too short to spend energy on another's opinion just because you see it differently; CF members are a separate 'family' so to speak so I seek 'refuge' here ........... however, I don't get much feedback on my opinion or perspective, so what? It's great to have a 'platform' if that's what you are searching for. I just like riding and really enjoy female bikers' perspective, not much to say on anything else ............at 51, I've lived a 'different' life than most CF members here but doesn't mean it's a positive or a negative, leave the drama at the door; I'm having a great life, personally and professionally and do care about other human beings but I definitely 'earned' my place and will help those who struggle when possible; enjoy your life and appreciate those who enjoy it with you.

Amen. 

• February 5, 2012 11:38 AM PST
    Wooly wrote...
    Black9... Havent been here long but have quitely watched and getting the feel of the land.... Have found you to be a "brutally honest" and pull no puches... All my respect...

So many sterotypes with being a biker... a very good friend of mine who is by no means a novice... always stated "I am NOT a biker...just a guy who LOVES to ride motorcycles"...

Went for a ride today 200 miles in low 40's... my mental therapy...

Later...Wooly

It was in the 40s here as well. I happened to stop in at my local HD dealer while I was out cruising around. I was the only bike in the lot. I did see one guy there with a Tshirt representing one of the dominant clubs in this area. I kept my amusement to myself, though.

• February 5, 2012 11:40 AM PST
    jbirdak wrote...

I have found I rarely ever get my panties in a wad ever since I quit wearing them.

• February 5, 2012 1:08 PM PST
    Fefe wrote...
    jbirdak wrote...

I have found I rarely ever get my panties in a wad ever since I quit wearing them.
    I find the whole "panties in a wad" thing humorous, echoing Fefe...if ya dont wear 'em how can they get wadded!!!! lmao!! 
    • 2 posts
    February 5, 2012 1:10 PM PST
    Relax;
    * I respect your knowledge A LOT, maybe more than anybody on 2 wheels
    * I respect your opinion as much as anybodies, more than the average

I just don't particularly care if anybody considers me a "biker", a "poser", a "newbe" or an annoying twit.
    An old motorcycle cop told me, "ride your ride" & ignore the opinion of the traffic" , or something like that
    • 658 posts
    February 5, 2012 1:32 PM PST
    Black9,
    I value you opinion and knowledge as I do everyone elses. That's what makes the world go around. I've done well by taking different opinions into account durring any decision making process. Please keep them coming.as they are and all ways will be food for thought.
    • 16831 posts
    February 5, 2012 4:26 PM PST
    My Grandfather once told me "Avvitili se can' la t prende uno scherzo". He was from Italy.
    Loosely translated into English it's "Screw them if they can't take a joke".
  • February 5, 2012 4:31 PM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    bikeNrun14 wrote...

Amen. 
    THANKS Seakers!!!
  • February 5, 2012 11:31 PM PST
    Black9, you keep the opinions coming. I for one enjoy someone who speaks from the heart...you know where you stand with those folks!