Hello from PA

• January 22, 2012 12:24 AM PST
    Hi All, Just getting back in to riding after a 6 year involuntarily break. Between a divorce and the clown who thought his phone conversation was more important than my life it's been a rough few years. Anyway, I've been bike shopping ever since the last one was totaled, but it was just never the right time either financially or personally. Well, on Friday all the pieces fell in place and I bought another bike. Now if I could just get the weather to cooperate !!
  • January 22, 2012 12:45 AM PST
    That is a beauty! Welcome from Michigan!
    • 658 posts
    January 22, 2012 12:51 AM PST
    SWEET! Looks like it was worth the weight. Glad to have you on board with us.

Medic   
  • January 22, 2012 12:51 AM PST
    Nice bike...glad to see your back out there...welcome from Connecticut...
    • 1855 posts
    January 22, 2012 2:51 AM PST
    Good to see you're back up and in the wind; even if it is colder n' well diggers arse.
    Welcome from w central Ohio

Peace
  • January 22, 2012 5:24 AM PST
    Looks like a great ride for the return journeyCongrats
  • January 22, 2012 9:01 AM PST
    Very nice ride. Kinda like a kid at Christmas with a new bike and a foot of snow on the ground?
  • January 22, 2012 9:23 AM PST
    Nice looking ride have fun sounds like you deserve it for sure
    • 2 posts
    January 22, 2012 9:50 AM PST
    Finger Lakes area of NY here, about 80 miles N. of Williamsport,
  • January 22, 2012 9:56 AM PST
    Nice Ride...Welcome from Montana
  • January 22, 2012 10:44 AM PST
    Where in PA are ya? Should hit 50 tomorrow on the Eastern side of the state. Decent leather weather!

Nice Road Glide...that's a great bike for logging miles on the slab. What did you have before?
  • January 22, 2012 12:41 PM PST
    Thanks everyone.

Fefe
    wrote...
    Where in PA are ya? Should hit 50 tomorrow on the Eastern side of the state. Decent leather weather!

Nice Road Glide...that's a great bike for logging miles on the slab. What did you have before?

Fefe, I'm in Carlisle. I see the weather here is looking like the mid 40s all week, so I plan on getting a few miles this week after work. Still need to work on the leather collection since the EMTs cut mine all up getting them off.(not that I'm complaining) Had a 05 Deuce before.
  • January 22, 2012 2:15 PM PST
    Well, mark June 10, 2012 on your calendar to make a run to Valley Forge, PA. It's the annual Friends of the Forgotten POW/MIA awareness ride.

• 16837 posts
    January 22, 2012 4:14 PM PST
    Hello from the extreme northwest corner of Pennsylvania.
  • January 22, 2012 11:16 PM PST
    Hello from the southwest corner of PA!
    Great lookin' ride!
    • 19046 posts
    January 22, 2012 11:34 PM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.

Originally from Philly suburbs and one of the original members (circa 1990) of Rolling Thunder,PA.
  • February 1, 2012 10:15 AM PST
    It was like a taste of early spring outside today. Temps in the 60's in PA in FEBRUARY!?? I LOVE IT! I rode 3 different bikes today, just because it was too nice of a day not too.

Did you take the Road Glide out for a spin?
    • 19046 posts
    February 1, 2012 10:30 AM PST
    Don't know who you mean FeFe but down here in OBX Rex did his thing with me in the saddle. In-fact we have been riding all week. Mid fifties Mon, sixties Tue, near 70 today. YES!
  • February 1, 2012 10:46 AM PST
    Hey Rex, I was referring to the OP...POWMIA. I had my glide out yesterday. Today I tried to start the Buell, but it gets finicky in the cold, and wasn't in the mood to go out to play today. So, I took the softtail out to circulate the fluids in him since it has been a few weeks for him to be out and about. I rode to a friend's house, and he just bought a new MV Augusta F4 1000R so I took that for a test ride around the block. That bike is SAWEET!!! He also has a Triumph Thunderbird Storm which I decided needed to be hosed off and cleaned up a bit from it's last ride through some muddy puddles, so of course I had to take that around the block to air dry it.

It was fuuuun.
  • February 1, 2012 2:01 PM PST
    Dude she's lovely, have a great time reintroducing yourself to the wind. There are so many wonderful roads to ride in that area of PA. What a great swap meet and hot rod show you have too! have a great one! "T"