Kiwanis Original Redwood Run - 2012 Bands

• 3 posts
    January 21, 2012 3:43 AM PST
    Hi Folks,  As a member of the 'music committee' for this years Redwood Run, we are currently booking bands. I'm interested in bringing back the Kaye Bohler Blues Band, but others on the group aren't so sure. I was hoping I could get some feed back from Cycle Fish members who were there last year. If you would like to see them back or have comments, pro or con, I'd like to hear them. Please contact us at brickley@sonic.net or kiwanisoftheredwoods@yahoo.com. Thanks for your support, and Go 9'ers!  Jim -
    • 5419 posts
    January 21, 2012 4:13 AM PST
    Hey Jim, I enjoyed the Kaye Bohler Blues Band last year. I'm a blues fan and they did a real good job.

I actually enjoyed all of the bands that were there last year. In my opinion The Redwood Run is one of those runs that doesn't require a whole lot of big name entertainment. People are there to have a good time and as long is there is a decent band on stage to provide entertainment - Redwood Runners will party!!!
  • January 21, 2012 2:49 PM PST
    I totally agree with Lucky...the local bands were excellent!!! Loved all of them. Have you contacted II BIG? they were there last year...great local band. It is only January and I am getting so excited to see everyone! Hell..Lucky, maybe Cyclefish could create some kind of funky biker music group thing...good lord...Fun times ahead!
    Cavewoman
    • 3 posts
    January 25, 2012 3:05 PM PST
    Thanks for the input folks. Looks like Kaye Bohler along with II Big will be returning. Also scheduled will be The Fryed Brothers, Charlie Brechtel & Savana Blue. We are currently talking with 'Jackyle'. Will have more for you soon. Jim -
  • February 5, 2012 7:28 AM PST
    Good lineup so far. I have not seen Jackyl live before and from I have heard they put on a great show.
  • February 13, 2012 2:00 AM PST
    Excellent line-up. I enjoyed all of them last year. The Ty Curtis band was pretty good in previous years.
  • March 1, 2012 7:25 AM PST
    Yeah, the Ty Curtis band would be a great topper to the line-up you currently have, which in itself is damn good. Great job.
    • 13 posts
    March 1, 2012 8:35 AM PST
    We just posted the 2012 Music Line Up and Event Schedule
    on the Redwood Run Event Listing !

• March 1, 2012 1:06 PM PST
    Lukas Nelson and the etc. are an amazing band.. I saw them open for Willie Nelson at the filmor in frisco. UNREAL
  • March 2, 2012 1:56 AM PST
    OK I'm going to this event this year! Lucky, meet me on 101 on your way up if you're goin bro!
  • March 2, 2012 2:00 AM PST
    deraymar wrote...
    Good lineup so far. I have not seen Jackyl live before and from I have heard they put on a great show.

You are IN for a treat my brother, they put on an incredible stage show and Jesse always brings dow the house with the Lumberjack solo!

• 5419 posts
    March 2, 2012 2:02 AM PST
    Sorry, but it didn't work out with getting Jackyl to play
  • March 2, 2012 2:11 AM PST
    Well bummer... Jesse James Dupree is quite the showman! Oh well!
  • March 2, 2012 2:18 AM PST
    Lucky you ever heard of Too Slim and Taildraggers, I've seen them a bunch of times and they are one solid blues rock act! I don't know if they're still around, just a thought.
  • March 2, 2012 2:21 AM PST
    Looks like their schedule is open in June... http://www.tooslim.org/schedule.htm />
    Also check out their music: http://www.tooslim.org/ />
    Damn good band
    • 5419 posts
    March 6, 2012 5:54 AM PST
    Just heard that Billy Idol will be joining II Big on stage at the Redwood Run!!!

Plus there may still be one more surprise band announcement coming.

We are going to Rock in 2012!!!

Click here for all the 2012 Redwood Run Details and Band Line-Up!!!
    • 834 posts
    March 6, 2012 4:59 PM PST
    Sounds like a great time - can't wait!