This will really make you think!

• 1516 posts
    January 4, 2012 3:28 PM PST
    There was a blind girl who hates herself because she was blind.

She hated everyone except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, " If I could see the world, I'd marry you".

One day someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, incl...uding her boyfriend. He asked her, " Now th......at you can s...ee the world, will you............... marry me?"

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at him for the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying; " Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine."

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what our life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who cant speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before you complain about your children - Think of someone who desires children but they are barren.

Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep - Think of the people who are living in the streets.

Before whining about the distance you drive - Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another - Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and thank God your alive.
    • 5419 posts
    January 4, 2012 5:04 PM PST
    Thanks for sharing that Debra...
  • January 4, 2012 8:39 PM PST
    Very nice post
    • 19007 posts
    January 4, 2012 9:36 PM PST
    Great Deb.
  • January 4, 2012 9:56 PM PST
    Nice Post Deb
  • January 4, 2012 10:22 PM PST
    Excellent post DebraJo!!!
    • 63 posts
    January 4, 2012 10:22 PM PST
    Very profound thoughts for the day,,,,, Thank you for sharing
    • 638 posts
    January 4, 2012 11:03 PM PST
    That was a perfect message to start my day. Thanks Debra
    • 658 posts
    January 4, 2012 11:41 PM PST
    Thanks Debra, I needed that before I went to the ER today. It will help keep a smile on my face for the next 12.
    That's why I love this site!!!

Medic
    • 1855 posts
    January 4, 2012 11:47 PM PST
    Good one Debra

Peace
    • 1780 posts
    January 5, 2012 12:09 AM PST
    WOW that was a great pick me up.....Thanks so much Deb.
    • 1516 posts
    January 5, 2012 1:01 AM PST
    This post really meant something to me, I just wanted to share it with everyone..
  • January 5, 2012 5:12 AM PST
    Very humbling and keeps one grounded ..........inspirational, thanks!
    • 395 posts
    January 5, 2012 5:57 AM PST
    beautiful wisdom.
  • January 5, 2012 8:48 AM PST
    Wow Thanks Debra, I definitely needed that today............thanks for sharing!!! now to see if I can copy & paste from here!!
    • 3006 posts
    January 6, 2012 3:37 AM PST
    Thanks for sharing these Most Excellent words of wisdom !!!Have a great weekend too !
    • 611 posts
    January 6, 2012 4:02 AM PST
    Yeah, but did she ride a motorcycle?
    A twist on the "Gift of the Magi" story. He aaaasold his watch to buy hair combs. She ssold her hair to buy him a watch fob. I sold the ring I wore for 25 yrs, went to the shop my galfriend LOVES & bought her some beauty things. Beads,a cool handmade wool bag, stuff a gal loves. I'm divorced, I didn't need that ri
    • 611 posts
    January 6, 2012 4:05 AM PST
    Yeah, but did she ride a motorcycle?
    A twist on the "Gift of the Magi" story. He aaaasold his watch to buy hair combs. She ssold her hair to buy him a watch fob. I sold the ring I wore for 25 yrs, went to the shop my galfriend LOVES & bought her some beauty things. Beads,a cool handmade wool bag, stuff a gal loves. I'm divorced, I didn't need that ring anymore. I dunno Deb, seems theres always sumbuddy crying in their beer bout sumthins wrong. Me? Just glad to be here, ya know?
    Edge
    • 395 posts
    January 6, 2012 4:12 AM PST
    well of course they are always crying in their beer...everybody knows that salt helps break up the suds..........and we are all glad your here,lol...i think the story is more about how your perception changes and how we need to learn to appreciate the sacrifices that others make for us.....and if the story continued she would realize what he gave up for her happiness and she would readjust her thinking and include him in her life again....or am i just a hopeless romantic that "sees" the best in people?
    • 9 posts
    January 6, 2012 5:50 AM PST
    D.J., I swear you've got the biggest, prettiest, brightest halo. You're an ANGEL, darlin'. You just keep those wings tucked in, too much. I needed to hear this TODAY, and here it was. Sent by an Angel. THANK YOU!!!
    And you, my lovely lady, are surely blessed. I know we all forget at times, to look at what others' lives are really like. And feeling sorry, or angry for what we don't have. But that lil' reminder, well that put one right outta the park!!!

So...like D.J. has so eloquently said...you motley crue, remember, "there but for the grace of GOD, go I".

Hey, know what else??? I LOVE, each and every one of you'se...

Ride Free
    Tweek