HA I am permanently banned from the HDForum website!

• January 7, 2012 3:56 AM PST
    Black9
    Topics: 20 Posts: 303
    Male Quote Black9 wrote about 2 days ago, Modified about 2 days ago
    I've worked for Harley Davidson off and on and when they charge the customer $100 an hour labor rate and then turn around and give the mechanic $15 to $20 an hour you kinda understand
    First off I am not out to bash harley. I could care less. I ride what I can afford. as of this time I cant afford to ride H.D.
    2nd What I am about to say is going to piss off a few. And as for those that have missed the boat. Its not your talant or your coustmer service skills or even you abilty to do your job. In todays world its all about the proper brown noseing. The right people in the lower postions make the Lord and Master feel as though he doing all of us a favor by thowing us a few table scraps.
    3rd years in service, hours of work, days cover the other guy, Mean nothing if you cant breath and praise the Master.
    4th The out right bashing of the vary thing that made componys PAY us a some what fair shair from the basics of medical care. To covering vaction time. Unions
  • January 9, 2012 5:44 PM PST
     I'm not following what you're saying and THIS is where you lost me completely:

In todays world its all about the proper brown noseing. The right people in the lower postions make the Lord and Master feel as though he doing all of us a favor by thowing us a few table scraps. 
    3rd years in service, hours of work, days cover the other guy, Mean nothing if you cant breath and praise the Master.
    4th The out right bashing of the vary thing that made componys PAY us a some what fair shair from the basics of medical care. To covering vaction time. Unions 

• 611 posts
    January 10, 2012 10:38 AM PST
    Well Bro Black, guess this comes under the heading "DILLIGAF"... You have always been straight and tried to help with your posts. There is a old Indian saying "Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down and beat you with experience." Don't sweat the small stuff, you give good advise, I ride a 85 Geezer Glide, gonna need some help/service soon... and I know just who I'm gonna ask! Have 'built' (assembled) a Pan, a Shovel two Triumphs and a BSA. All choppers, so for a stocker, I'm gonna need advise. Hope you are around to help!
    Edge
  • January 10, 2012 3:04 PM PST
    Edge anytime bro, you're gonna have fun if you're doing the steering head:-)
    • 9 posts
    January 11, 2012 8:22 AM PST
    I'm also a Harley "lifer". And I'm sure everyone can say they've had a bad experience at one time or another. That could be said of any large company. As for the "boutiquing", well that's surely the economy putting new strains on an already lagging sales department. They are trying to appeal to a much broader base of customer demographic, than they could once rely upon. They "know" for instance, that there ARE more women rider's, and therefore, "dress things up" to appeal to that demographic. There are parts and accessories for the "Iron Elite"-(Black Riders) and the "Harlista's" (Latino's), because there's a much broader base of customer to try and satisfy.
    This is not your Daddy's H-D anymore. It's a new world, and I'm all for it. A place doesn't need to smell of grease, to prove anything to me. As long as they back it all up with customer service. When that goes, they will have
    spread themselves a little to thin, and it'll show. I hope they have the foresight to read pages like this one, to find out what the "customer" is really thinking. A smart move. You can't fix somethin', if you don't know it's broke....

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • January 11, 2012 9:06 AM PST
    I like all bikes and love all Harleys, but who could argue with anything negative about the "stealers". I do take mine to the dealership occasionally for service but try my hardest to stay out of there. On a positive note I did have an exceptional experience with my last service, which was my first time at Red Rock Harley in Las Vegas, NV.
  • January 11, 2012 12:13 PM PST
    Well then I'm an asshole because I literally despise the whole "one size fits all" experience... I am of the opinion that not EVERYONE needs to own or ride a Harley. People will buy Harleys and you're right about the boutique concept it's way to sell anything and everything with their bar and shield brand and gets so far away from motorcycles its laughable. I'm thinking that's why this whole new sub culture of 'old school' rat chopper riders are coming from. Harley tried to cater to this demographic, the all blacked out riders, and then shoved them aside because the old farts lined up and said "Hey what happened to all the Easter Eggs?" Nice job Wandell... now I'm seeing ZERO down on Dealership windows!?!?! I have NEVER seen that advertised, HD usually expects a minimum of 10% if you're dumb enough to go through them for financing. Looks like desperation but then it is winter so sales are down. Maybe they'll rebound this spring... BUT they have to pay back a 300 million billion gazillion dollar loan so this could be their hungry year or decade... time will tell.