Does anybody own one of these?

• 9 posts
    December 22, 2011 12:25 AM PST
    Saw these on an add-bar next to my email....

http://www.crashbounce.com/products/Motorad.html />
    Would like some feedback.  I always keep an eye out for "usable and practical" safety equipment, but this is news to me....

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 19034 posts
    December 22, 2011 1:25 AM PST
    Looks somewhat interesting but Certainly not for me. I won't go into details why though.
    • 567 posts
    December 22, 2011 1:30 AM PST
    Tweek ... I think I'll pass on it too. Florida is not a climate where you could wear one of those and not risk a heat stroke.
    • 1855 posts
    December 22, 2011 2:57 AM PST
    Imagine your OL on the back when the thing deploys for no apparent reason. There she goes bouncing down the highway behind you.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    December 22, 2011 3:06 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Imagine your OL on the back when the thing deploys for no apparent reason. There she goes bouncing down the highway behind you.

Peace

Just got an image of that - maybe a new marketing angle

• 16825 posts
    December 22, 2011 3:42 AM PST
    Oh Boy!
    I see another legislative fight in the future once a DOT nitwit "safety bug" sees this one.
    • 5420 posts
    December 22, 2011 4:05 AM PST
    This one almost makes getting in an accident look like fun...

• December 22, 2011 4:07 AM PST
    Wow - a guy could go deer hunting in that suit!
    • 5420 posts
    December 22, 2011 4:14 AM PST
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to make light of motorcycle accidents or those trying to improve our safety... but after watching the video I posted again, I had this image of that round ball getting hit head on by an oncoming car while rolling down the street and being launched 100s of feet through the air.
  • December 22, 2011 6:35 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

Peace

Maybe for a few dollars more you can get it with a remote control?

• Ry
    December 22, 2011 6:39 AM PST
    I don't know if anyone else here has ever actually had a close proximity airbag deployment happen to them before, but I have been through it before... Wasn't much fun and actually caused more damage than if I would not have had it deploy in an accident. Can't much say I would love the thought of wearing an airbag... Although the thought of riding out an accident as an oversized beach ball does peak a little curiosity (might be even more fun at a concert).
    • 846 posts
    December 22, 2011 6:44 AM PST
    I'm just seeing the Stay Puff marshmallow man bouncing down the road.
  • December 22, 2011 7:00 AM PST
    NEVER wear nylon when riding. It melts into the skin, catches on the asphalt flipping you all around. Leather lets you slide. This thing looks dangerous and can cause more damage than without it. Just like the ones in the cages.
    • 2 posts
    December 22, 2011 8:32 AM PST
    Question not "Does anybody own one", the question is "Has anybody used one?"

Will let other prove out the technology - If it works might get one - IF they go on sale - The only thing guarded more zelously than my life is my wallet
  • December 22, 2011 2:00 PM PST
    I can just see an accidental deployment at the gas station. And the ball...visions of a big orange ball on I 95 with semis.
    • 9 posts
    December 22, 2011 2:19 PM PST
    No worries, Lucky. I'm still laughin' at that. I was just wondering if anyone had purchased one of these. Until today, I didn't know they existed. Behind the times, no doubt. I'm in no position to purchase one, but I'd like to know if it's even something to consider, down the road. I don't want to be paranoid, or nothin', but around here, defensive driving, takes on a whole new meaning. Hey, maybe they'll invent the invisible force field, soon! Now that....would ROCK!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 580 posts
    December 22, 2011 9:02 PM PST
    I loved the vid Lucky thanks - I'll be thinking of it all Christmas each time I pick up a clementine or satsuma lol (o:
  • December 22, 2011 10:06 PM PST
    Tweek wrote...
    Saw these on an add-bar next to my email....

http://www.crashbounce.com/products/Motorad.html />
    Would like some feedback.  I always keep an eye out for "usable and practical" safety equipment, but this is news to me....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    It Sounds & looks like a quality jacket, but My old leathers suit me just fine.

• 611 posts
    December 23, 2011 4:37 PM PST
    omg... Could you see what would happen... if you bounced over a cliff? you bounced into oncoming traffic? it deployed just after you struck a van/truck etc? The force would be huge because you couple the impact with the inflation... and the COLOR OMG!!! It made my brain hurt just to look at it... Ya, ur right, you would have enuff hi-viz orange to go hunting...
    Not for this man...
    Edge
  • December 24, 2011 12:48 AM PST
    Maybe NASA could use it to land the first man or woman on Mars, like they did the rover.
    • 1161 posts
    December 24, 2011 2:06 PM PST
    Don't think I would use one it takes less then a 9V battery to set them off they make me very nervous. I would take mine out of my cage if I could do it safely.