Full Throttle Saloon on truTV

• 834 posts
    November 28, 2011 4:40 AM PST
    Anyone watch the show Full Throttle Saloon on truTV?

I watched last season just to see what the saloon and the partying was like since I have never been there.

Could do without all the drama stuff though.  Why is it that TV people think we won't watch a show unless there is yelling, screeming and drama.  I think we would watch (probably even more) if they just showed the partying that goes on.

• 16831 posts
    November 28, 2011 4:44 AM PST
    I'd be one to nix the drama for substance.
  • November 28, 2011 5:08 AM PST
    Hey Az,
    I agree with you. Love to watch the show for the bikes and partying. Definitely could lose the drama.
    • 1855 posts
    November 28, 2011 5:52 AM PST
    Well, it's a reality show all about pulling things together at FT. To me that's all it is. It has nothing to do with bikes, bikers, broads (excuse me ladies), or booze. And so you're going to get that type of drama. Other than realizing how difficult it is to run a business, the show has nothing to offer a "biker". The Saloon itself however is a different story. It's a great place to party. It's no less nor more expensive than any place else during Sturgis but you can truly enjoy yourself if you're into BBB&B, acting the fool, gettin' skunk -drunk, and spending a night in jail and paying a big fine for DUI. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you can drink sweet tea and people watch. LOL

Peace
    • 1516 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:05 AM PST
    Adventure Girl and I almost made it on there!!
    • 5420 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:10 AM PST
    I remember that... somehow you would up on the editing room floor... just not fair!
  • November 28, 2011 10:50 AM PST
    Main street, Broken Spoke, Iron Horse...Its all the same, and for the most part the same repetitive crap. And as far as Daytona goes, Main St. is a far far cry from what it used to be 15 years ago. The real partying and real people are on the outskirts of town now at the out of the way watering holes, where yer not paying 6 to 7 bucks a beer. The dance floors are packed and usually with some damn great bands.

The system has created this, and for the most part sooner or later the system will choke itself. Should there be another economic meltdown, Daytona will suffer. but I can assure you those out of the way places will be still be the ones packing the dance floors, and selling ice cold beers for $2.00 a bottle not 6 or 7 bucks because the beer company has flown in some hottie for the weekend to serve those who walk right up and pay it........Its pathetic to say the least....

• November 28, 2011 11:17 AM PST
    Slippery I agree. I live in Jacksonville, Fl and been going to Bike WEEK for 19 years. The change has been unbelievable. Luckily over time I learned where to go and avoid that corporate rip off. Definitely not on Main Street. Saw it 1 time last year because my date had heard about lt. Bike Week will evantually move out on US 1. Pretty Sad..............
    • 844 posts
    November 28, 2011 11:35 AM PST
    Ok, back to the show...

The first season was pretty cool just to hear what it takes to run the world's largest biker bar. Hearing the numbers on the amount of beer, bottles of Jack and all the other stuff was just amazing, and then the hiring process they go through to get a couple hundred people on board and trained for a two week job! Man, that is a hell of a lot of work.

But after that I just couldn't watch all that made up stuff they did to make the show "entertaining", so I didn't watch last season and won't watch this one either.
    • 5420 posts
    November 28, 2011 12:24 PM PST
    Pretty much the same here, I watched the first year and found all that goes on behind the scene (the real stuff) to be pretty interesting, especially after being at the Full Throttle quite a few times. Still the only watering hole I frequent in Sturgis, but gave up on the TV show.
    • 19040 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:30 PM PST
    Reality TV is an Oxymoron. No reality and bad scripts. I can not understand this tabloid attraction to all the drama crap.
  • November 30, 2011 2:26 AM PST
    Ha Ha!! Coolness! I've got it set to DVR it tonight!!!!!
    • 580 posts
    November 30, 2011 10:41 PM PST
    We can't get that over here - might have been worth a watch!!
    • 846 posts
    December 1, 2011 5:09 AM PST
    Well I'm glad i only recorded it. Not in to all that drama. If I wanted that I just want till the warm weather and go back to managing a rafting company. Same thing happens any where you shut down for a period of time.
    • 0 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:30 AM PST
    Really it was that show and Sturgis access all area's that made Marni and I come over there last year..We watched all the bullshit shows and thought "bugger it lets just go".Well the rest is history but I wasnt a big fan of the throttle..It was a filthy hole with warm beer and barmaid that looked like they took a week off from their methadone treatment to work bar..I wasnt impressed..Wouldnt go out of my way to go back there..Been there got the bloody T shirt..Cheers BOOF
  • December 1, 2011 8:04 AM PST
    I prefer reality, not the show. Walked down there from the Buffalo Chip, about a mile, No DUI, no traffic, no parking problem. Looked around, drank half a wam beer and walked back to the Chip where I had Jose, ice and a little bit of mix. They just don't get it. Sturgis is not about all the drama, its about the ride and Bros/Sis talking about some great places to ride, and freedom,
    • 5420 posts
    February 4, 2012 5:07 PM PST
    Not sure if any of you who watch the show noticed, but during the episode about the Counterfeit bills when Michael was talking there was a CycleFish sticker in the upper letf of the shot.

I actually remember DebraJo putting that sicker on the bus window!!!  Thanks Deb!!!!!

• 16831 posts
    February 4, 2012 5:24 PM PST
    Sweet!
    • 0 posts
    February 4, 2012 7:21 PM PST

good old DJ she's a bloody rippa...CHEERS BOOF
    • 9 posts
    February 4, 2012 10:45 PM PST
    Well, see? Somethin' good DID come out of that show. I don't have cable, so I missed it. But after readin' all the post's about it, doesn't seem like I missed too much. As far as the drama thing goes, as long as people keep tunin' in, their gonna keep puttin' shows like that on. Replacing the "soap opera", with more garbage. Do they think intelligence took a holiday, just because people would rather text than talk face to face now, or that some think "socialization" is an internet chat room? That we need some kind of childish drama, to get our "real" kicks???
    Gimme a bike, and an open road, man. Who the hell wants to stand around in a smelly bar? Like BOOF said,
    "been there, done that, got the freakin' T-shirt!!" Let's ride...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2072 posts
    February 5, 2012 12:03 AM PST
    It's just another one of those "too much drama" shows. Just like Orange County Choppers became. Gonna have to pass on both of them !!!!
    • 910 posts
    February 5, 2012 12:32 AM PST
    DebraJo wrote...
    Adventure Girl and I almost made it on there!!

That was a fun few minutes of "almost" fame. *lol*
    • 910 posts
    February 5, 2012 12:33 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I remember that... somehow you would up on the editing room floor... just not fair!

That's not the only floor I've ever ended up on. *lol*
    • 910 posts
    February 5, 2012 12:44 AM PST
    Really though, I don't watch the show, except after Deb and I were filmed just to see if we made it on. But that's about it. I caught a couple shows this season just by chance. Some of the set up behind the scenes - running the business and such was interesting. Since I'm not looking to run a bar, that behind the scenes business aspect of the show doesn't hold my interest for long. There are over-sensationalized scenes in some instances that may give a different impression of what it's like to be there in person, and sure creative editing helps make it out to look like more than it does in reality, but I can't judge them too harshly just because it isn't for me. It does take a lot of coordination to pull off not only getting that bar to run successfully for the crazy short week it runs but to film it all as it's happening and still come up with interesting and new ways to hold an audience's attention.
    • 1516 posts
    February 5, 2012 2:34 AM PST
    I didn't watch it before either, just wanted to see if we made, now I feel like I sorta did with my well placed sticker being premiered!!