Off Topic.....Riding motorcycles.

• October 7, 2011 12:33 PM PDT
    Hope this is in the right forum.  Couldn't find any motorcycle related threads so I started a new one.

Just another blah blah 174 miles on a Friday afternoon.  Thanx,  jb]

• 1855 posts
    October 8, 2011 4:29 PM PDT
    Just got back ( a few weeks ago) from a 3k mile trip. Went thru N.Y. and the Aderondaks (sp?) , Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Pa., then home to Ohio. All beautiful country.
  • October 8, 2011 10:38 PM PDT
    Nice place to ride and the weather looked great!
  • October 9, 2011 1:06 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Just got back ( a few weeks ago) from a 3k mile trip. Went thru N.Y. and the Aderondaks (sp?) , Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Pa., then home to Ohio. All beautiful country.

Wolfhound...you bet.  The weather has been "Oh my God" up here  (in a good way) for a few days now.

JimmyAcorn...Cool !!  I was supposed to do that run of the NE states a few weeks back.  Irene came thru and killed the plan so I went to West Virginia instead.  If you ever get a chance...if you havent already..get you down to WV.  Among the neatest roads I've ridden.  Its like high speed hiking !!!   Heres a shot while taking a "map" break......on  rt 72.

jb

• 19007 posts
    October 9, 2011 1:47 AM PDT
    Some Great Riding up there, Gonna have to get back soon.
  • October 11, 2011 1:22 AM PDT
     ...last year was an incredible year for Chili and myself.....first we took off for Texas to attend a freinds BBQ that he holds every April Fools Day....we hit Beal Etreet in Memphis for a night of ribs and it was bike night....rode up the Gulf Coast and took the Ferry back to the main land for the BBQ.....hit New Orleans and stayed in the French Quarter on the way back....rode the Cherohala Skyway and The Dragon....before heading home......then  two weeks later we took off again for another two week adventure....did Americade Rally in upstate New York ....hung out with some friends from Canada for a few daze...before hooking up with two other couples from down state Michigan and heading out for Maine....we rode through Vermont....into Maine...I ate almost 7 pounds of fresh lobsta in two daze...we explored Acadia National Park...(Awesome)......rode up the coast.......split up... and Chili n me  and one other couple rode into New Hampshire and did the Laconia Rally ...before heading home....we rode through 5 sets of mountains in two weeks......both trips combined we spent a month on the road exploring last year......

...gonna be hard for us to top that....but we have plans in the work... 
  • October 11, 2011 2:11 AM PDT
    Now thats a ride !!A buddy of mine has a Valkyrie. He also has an HD and a Victory. That Valk is his go-to bike.

Well...Had to cancel my trip to the mtns. of Pa. for yesterday and today....under perfect weather conditions no less. Busted my left hand / wrist all up good on Sunday. (not on the bike). Doing a whole lot of nothing except pain killers now. Its killing me that I am unable to be in the wind.

jb
    • 19007 posts
    October 11, 2011 2:38 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear Joe. Hope it gets better soon.
  • October 12, 2011 3:01 AM PDT
    Didn't look to be a blah ride....any ride is a great one. I'm a back warmer and do miss it. I had a great group of biker friends in AZ who would call me almost every weekend to warm some buddies back, I moved to Nevada and don't have any biker friends her yet who don't have a back warmer already. So any ride is a great one. The sound of your bike was awesome to hear also. Thanks for the post.
  • October 12, 2011 3:24 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Sorry to hear Joe. Hope it gets better soon.

Thank you, Rex.    Just got home from what was advertised as a straighten the fingers visit.  Turns out tendon and ligament damage.  Also..infection is setting in.  They'll remove wrist tendon and splice it into the hand,  pin it.    50% chance of success. WTF ??

No idea I f*cked myself up this bad.  Riding is done for me for 6-9 months he thinks.  Sorry but that aint happnin.  If I can squeeze a clutch all bets are off.  At least it isnt spring.

Suzie the Tailor.  Nothing I'd enjoy more than taking you for a ride right now.  That'd mean I'm healed.  We'd both be very happy !! 

Never had surgery in my life and I'm 53.  Not looking forward to it....at all.

jb

• November 7, 2011 12:08 AM PST
     ....ya. ...we were incredibly lucky that summer....the stars definitely aligned for us....was a mild winter up here in Northern Michigan....gas prices were not too outrageous.....Chili came home from work one day I was sitting at the computer bored and she sez....Lets go to Texas !. ...I was like...OKAY !!!

....And yeh....The Valk is a legend. ....been riding and in the wind since I was 8 years old....never owned a Harley...my ol man had a couple....swore my next bike would be an HD .....then I laid eyes on the Valk....walked into a Dealer and up to a salesman at his desk one day and said...see that Heritage Soft Tail and that Valkyrie Interstate over there ?....tag em up...were goin for a ride...he was doing some paper work...looked up at the Bikes across the show room and then at me...and grinned...he knew he had a sale....I started off on the Valk...then we traded off after a while......Bought the Valk and never looked back....we were out West seven years ago doing a Valk Ride In, in Colorado...we were with 5 others Valks....hung out in Colorado for a week then headed out West....South Dakota ....Wyoming....it was around 100 degrees alot of daze...and we,d be averaging 80 mph all day long, riding through the plains....my Valk never even hic cupped towing a trailer ......smoothe and fast.....had her 10 years this past March....got 88,532 miles on her...and no major rebuild.....

.....God willing....I,ll have other bikes in the future.....but I,ll never part ways with my State..