New here - Returning to riding (73 Honda CB350G - Nor Cal, Sac,

• 7 posts
    September 30, 2011 3:07 AM PDT

Newbie here, returning to riding after a 20+ year hiatus.

Brother-in-law dumped an old Honda on me (73 CB350G Super Sport). I spent a year getting 'er running then, to my great shock, I had to pay DMV $$$$ in back licensing fees  Sure seems wrong! Gees! Everytime I turn around I'm paying the state of California for the privilege of doing things it seems my exorbitant taxes ought to have covered :-/

Anyway, It is amazing to me how quickly riding returned to being just a natural thing... like a fish returning to water :-)) LOVE'N it!! I've rolled just over 1000 miles this summer :-)) GREAT fun but I already want a newer bike!

• 544 posts
    September 30, 2011 3:33 AM PDT
    I too had a long hiatus. Should have known what I was missing. I think deep down I did know. Never could shake the love of bikes. Good luck and enjoy the bike.
    • 16840 posts
    September 30, 2011 4:31 AM PDT
    Hello from the north coast of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
  • September 30, 2011 4:52 AM PDT
    Hello from So. Cal and welcome back to the best club in the world. Be safe!!
  • September 30, 2011 6:55 AM PDT
    Hi Scott, glad to have ya here and glad to hear you're back into riding. Man those are great bikes. I remember when they were just all over the streets here in Cali.
    • 1161 posts
    September 30, 2011 12:57 PM PDT
    Welcome from Southern Georgia. I hope you enjoy CF like we do!
    • 3006 posts
    September 30, 2011 1:47 PM PDT
    Hi Scott !
    Howdy from N Cal SF east bay area.
    Great looking ride,all the sweeter that you restored her.
    Hope you enjoy the boards here,lots of good peoples.
    Stay Safe n Enjoy the Ride
    • 1516 posts
    September 30, 2011 3:28 PM PDT
    Welcome back to riding.. and welcome to Cyclefish from just down the freeway from you in the Modesto area
    • 19052 posts
    October 1, 2011 12:54 AM PDT
    Welcome to the best biker site on this here web thing. Nice classic ride too.
    • 2 posts
    October 6, 2011 3:02 PM PDT
    Fun ride you have - unadulterated MOTORCYCLE.

Long, long ago found a lost one in the "Penny Saver", took it home & it served me well
    • 7 posts
    October 29, 2011 3:59 AM PDT
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!!

Sorry for the late reply. Forgot my password and after changing it I still couldn't logon. It took me awhile to figure out that you must wait sometime before you can successfully logon - after changing password. I'm admittedly a bit thick sometimes :-/
    • 7 posts
    October 29, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
    @midlife... It do stay in the blood don't it :-))
    • 7 posts
    October 29, 2011 4:07 AM PDT
    @Popper: Agreed. I had one of those (CBs) way back when... nice to have one again :-))

I understand more CB350 units were sold than any other bike - in the US - but, alas, they are getting a bit scarce. Happy to have one. It's been fun putting 'er back into shape :-))