suzuki 1400 intruder

• 1 posts
    August 21, 2011 3:50 PM PDT

I am looking at a 2004 Suzuki 1400 intruder.  This is going to be my first bike but I am thinking that it will look beater to have the front wheel raked out! I am wounding where I can go to read about it to see if it is something that I can do myself.  If I am using the wrong term for that free to let me know.

• 130 posts
    August 22, 2011 4:31 AM PDT
    You should learn to ride before you mess with that Intruder. It's not a beginner's bike. Get some hours on a 250 or 500, first.
    And, no offense intended, it reads like you're getting advice from people who know nothing about motorcycling other than a few terms picked up off one of those TV shows. Some smart Jap engineers figured out where that wheel should be, changing that affects the steering geometry.  The designers at Suzuki based the Intruder on   American choppers. Personally, I think any major changes would detract from its looks.

• 3006 posts
    August 22, 2011 10:23 AM PDT
    Congrats on getting a new/used bike !!! The first thing you do before any mod's is sit down with someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to doing a rake kit on the bike,the geometery has to be rite or the bike will ride like crap or worse !!! Check for any Suzuki rider boards online and post that question to them,I am sure you will get a lot more feedback on the mod !!!
    • 2072 posts
    August 22, 2011 11:33 AM PDT
    Why ruin the good looks and ride ? That bike looks awesome as it was designed !!!
    • 1 posts
    August 22, 2011 11:39 AM PDT
    I will not be modifying the bike before I get riding time on it. It will be my first street bike I have ridden dirt bikes and stuff. as far as riding a 250 or 500 that is just not going to happen I’ll look like the FAT guy on a little bike I need something I can fit on and be conferrable on it so I think about the road and not my discomfort. Tho I am looking at a 650 V-star
    • 1 posts
    August 22, 2011 11:41 AM PDT
    http://youtu.be/YEw12Wau-5o />
    Hope that comes out this looks sick
    • 3006 posts
    August 22, 2011 2:54 PM PDT
    Too bad ur in Az a friend of mine is selling his 04 650 vstar for cheap 3000$ low mileage. He is quitting riding at 73.I just hope I can last that long,would love to put in a few 100 thou more than I already have.
    • 1 posts
    August 23, 2011 1:06 AM PDT
    i think the same thing. Too bad im in PHX lol
    • 1 posts
    August 23, 2011 1:12 AM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Why ruin the good looks and ride ? That bike looks awesome as it was designed !!!

I don’t know I like the way things look after you mess with them. I have never had jeep or a truck that I didn’t do things too .Right now I have a truck that I want to lower and bag!!! This will be a first for me I have always lifted things