fairly new to Texas

• August 15, 2011 2:38 PM PDT
    My husband and I are fairly new to Texas and are looking for good places to ride to and maybe makes some new friends.  We live the Mabank area, near the lake.

Any suggestions?  We'd enjoy hearing from ya.

• September 17, 2011 1:29 PM PDT
    You guys are in a very good starting point to hit some great riding. East Texas offers quite a bit of riding and rallies if you are into that kinda thing. Pick up an Atlas and Gazetteer for the state of Texas, I think about $21.95 at Wal-Mart. Most of the little two lane roads to and around Jefferson are great riding. The Piney Woods, following the shores of Toledo Bend there are some great roads. But pick up the Gazetteer and use it to familiarize yourself with the small roads. Be safe and enjoy! If I was closer, I'd love to show you guys some of the area, however, I only get to that area when trippin.
    • 58 posts
    September 17, 2011 3:45 PM PDT
    Follow any FM you care to and have fun. I live just east of you in Van Zandt county, just west of Edom. When I'm home (every other weekend) I spend as much time as I can on the bike, although my wife is still new to riding and still in the process of acquiring.her "seat". Maybe we can get together sometime.
  • September 17, 2011 5:58 PM PDT
    gotta do the three twisted sister run.fm335,fm336,fm337 west of san antonio. in vanderpool theres the lone star motorcycle museum and the scenery is very cool over to leakey tx and up to fredericksburg.you wont be dissapointed.
  • September 25, 2011 4:30 PM PDT
    Plenty of good places down your way... check out stuff around the Venus area... and have a stop by the Biker General Store. (I am in no way associated with the BGS, but have been down that way many times with friends... great roads and a few twisties to keep it interesting.)

Solo
  • December 17, 2011 4:26 PM PST
    go to the bike rally in Galveston

• January 31, 2012 10:12 PM PST
    Im in Tyler allways looking for people to ride with.
  • August 31, 2012 9:21 AM PDT
    My husband and I are heading to the OTT rally in Nacogdoches Sept 14-16.  We live in the Cedar Creek Lake/Gun Barrel City area and would to say hi to our neighbors and fellows riders.  Anyone else going to the OTT rally?  We went last year and had a blast!  Still looking for riding buddies in Texas, we left all our others in Montana. Give a holler if your going and would like to say hi!
  • August 31, 2012 2:50 PM PDT
    I hope we meet up sometime. I'm back in the home state of Arkansas, but have fond memories of TX. the ride from Nacagdoches to Tyler is nice.
  • March 2, 2013 1:05 PM PST
    149 North of Montgomery is a decent little ride as well, Go up to Richards and cut back either to College Station or East toward Huntsville. Either way you won't be disappointed. I'll be back home in Oct or so, Hopefully weather permitting I can get in some good riding.