NW Georgia Older Biker couple planning to ride the Alabama Drago

• 17 posts
    July 1, 2011 12:18 PM PDT
    Hi everyone,  We are Mac and Becky (GaDruid & Beathag)  We are located on Lookout Mountain, Dade County Ga.  We are planning to ride the Alabama Dragon late next week, if we don't have bad weather.  The Dragon ride is located on the rim of the little river canyon lot of hairpin turns.  This is the kind of ride you take your time and bring a camera.  Lot of pull off with great views into the canyon.  We are planning to ride July the 9th saturday or the 10th sunday nothing set in stone just yet.  If anyone in the area is interested in riding along with us drop us a line this week.  Anyone interested we can meet in Trenton Ga in the parking lot of the bank of Dade next to the bank drive through on Hwy 11.  

GaDruid & Beathag
    • 1161 posts
    July 2, 2011 5:44 AM PDT
    Wish I could but be safe and keep the rubber side down.
    • 567 posts
    July 2, 2011 6:38 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State. And, welcome to CF.
    I can't make your dragon run but did wanna say "hi". Any trip down some twisties has gotta be part of what riding is all about.
    Ride safe.
    • 17 posts
    July 2, 2011 8:45 AM PDT
    Hi guy's and thank's we are looking forward to this ride. We have decided on July 10th Sunday for the ride. We plan on being on the road in the wind no later than 9am.
  • July 17, 2011 1:39 AM PDT
    Well how did it turn out ? Did u ride hwy 176 all the way or turn off to the left and go down to the river?
    • 17 posts
    July 24, 2011 8:59 AM PDT
    We started in Trenton Ga, rode south on Hwy 11 to Ft Payne Ala turned left onto Hwy 35 back up Lookout Mountain then right onto 176 Canyon Rim Rd. Did a through ride on the Dargon turned around rode it again back out to Hwy 35 turned right onto 35 then several miles later left onto Hwy 15 to Menlo Ga where we turned left onto Hwy 48 back up Lookout Mountain then at the top we turned right onto Hwy 157 (Lookout Mountain Parkway) then left onto Ga Hwy 136 back down the Mountain to our starting point in Trenton Ga. The ride was a 122 mile loop, we rode it in five hours with stopping at overlooks and for a picnic. Great twisties on top of the mountain good long sweepers light traffic one sheriff's patrol car and about a dozen cage drivers couldn't ask for a better ride. Posting a few photo's now.
    • 17 posts
    July 24, 2011 9:22 AM PDT
    Photo's are posted under Alabama Dragon.
    • 567 posts
    July 24, 2011 1:36 PM PDT
    Saw your pictures. Looks like y'all had a nice ride. My brother and I are planning on being in Alabama on our bikes when we join up with the Trail of Tears ride. It starts in Chattanooga TN and the first leg ends in Florence AL. We just might take some time to check out your Alabama Dragon. I'll hafta check the maps to see where those roads are.
    • 17 posts
    July 24, 2011 2:30 PM PDT
    just put Alabama Dragon into your search engine it should pull it up. Trenton Ga our starting point is just 26 miles south of Chattanooga. Take I24 west out of Chattanooga turn left onto I59 south Get off at the Trenton Ga exit top of ramp turn left onto 136 East. Second red light turn right onto Hwy 11 south. then it's all county backroad. You do go through Ft Payne Ala but it's a small town light traffic.