There goes another front isolator!

• June 23, 2011 6:23 PM PDT
     Yup 44,000 plus miles and I go through another front motor mount! Not bad when considering how much stress that baby has to deal with daily! Yup simple bracing the bike upright, fat jack under the engine and the right hand tools and 5 to 10 minutes and you could have a new mount. Any suggestions from the masses as to how I might be able to get more life out of these motor mounts? I have 2007 Street Bob!!:-) 
  • July 1, 2011 2:39 PM PDT
    Sounds like you need a thorough inspection of the TOP motor mount - yer clearly getting too much movement from somewhere - that'd be the first thing I looked at. (Is there even a top motor mount on that thing?) Ah, well, that's my best guess.
  • July 5, 2011 5:30 AM PDT
    OK pulled it apart and it wasn't the mount at all! So I put it back together go out and ride it for awhile and noticed that at low speeds it just rides freakin rough... so bring it back to the garage tear into the forks and YUP! Needs some drop in springs because the weight of the newer bigger wheel was playing tricks on me when I did the last fall-away adjustment. Called around and a few of mine says the obvious that of course my dumbass never thought of... "Dude you have a little more unslung weight, you might want to stiffin the front end with some drop in springs. DUH! Some mechanic I am! LOL