2009 Road King. Wont start w/ key FOB near (new battery)

• June 10, 2011 7:33 AM PDT
     I have a 2009 Road king with a buttonless FOB.  I replaced the bike battery a month ago and rode it around a couple times no problems.  I recently went to start it up and the red key displays and all the alarm lights start flashing when I try to start it.  No turnover or click or anything.  I changed the battery in the FOB too. Still nothing.  I have tried starting it a dozen times on different days, same issue.  One time, but only once, it started making noise as if I had power but then shut down and all the security lights started flashing again. I would think it was a battery problem but I was able to ride it round afew times after putting in the new battery from the Harley dealer.  After sitting for a month and not starting it this is what happens.  It seems to have enough juice though. Will a reset of the pin fix this?  How about an override? But if I over ride it and start it is the override only for that one time? or does it override the kill switch from that point forward?
    HELP!!  

Thanks
    • 19034 posts
    June 10, 2011 10:31 AM PDT
    Surely sounds like the RK isn't getting the signal from the fob. Do you have a spare fob? If so and that gives the same result then most likely the RK is not processing the signal. Reset and reprogram might help but I am not familiar with that procedure. My fob is manual type. If you are going to do it yourself, get the electrical schematic book and start tracing circuits. Not a fun job for sure. Good luck with this.
  • June 15, 2011 8:08 AM PDT
    RE -RE change the battery.