Hello from Tombstone

• June 8, 2011 7:24 AM PDT
    Just wanted to say hi to every one on here. I'm new to riding but not new to motorcycles. I have been a passanger for almost a year and grew up around motorcycles (even though my mother didnt know I was hanging out with the HA's down the road lol)

I own an old Rebel 250 and dont plan on upgrading to anything bigger due to my small size. (5 foot 3 and only 100 lbs) I plan on customizing it as much as I can and making it look almost new.

I know some people think it is pointless to put that much into a "starter bike" but she is all I got and I love her.

So any who, Hello Every body. I hope to make some friends who share the love for the road like I do.

• 846 posts
    June 8, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    Well "Hi" back at you from the North East corner (Mass). Did some riding out there a few years back and I must say it a great place to ride. As you will find here everyone has there own machine that is near and dear to there heart. So if makes you happy and you can get the wind in your face then welcome.
    Stay safe
    • 6 posts
    June 8, 2011 8:28 AM PDT
    Hello from Phoenix! You're not that far, maybe should get a little meet'n'greet going. There's a couple folks from AZ here!
    • 6 posts
    June 8, 2011 8:31 AM PDT
    Totally understand lovin' your bike, too! I do plan on getting something bigger, but this ol' Honda 400 is gonna be in the family for a while, I'm working on setting her up with a sidecar for my wife, and eventually pass it on to my daughter. I wish I still had my first bike... wish I'd gotten to ride my second one... they're all different, all have personality, and they ALL make us feel alive!
    • 0 posts
    June 8, 2011 8:51 AM PDT
    Gday there from Brisbane Australia.Dont worry about your little scoot mate as long as you enjoy it bugger what any bastards says.Welcome to the site you'll find this mob are pretty good people and will help out when ya need it.Oh yeah BTW the new sheila gets the first round of beers..CHEERS BOOF
  • June 8, 2011 8:54 AM PDT
    I wish I could say I bought my bike out right but it was my inheritance from my grandmother. She always said "over my dead body you will have a motorcycle" so when she passed a few months ago she left me this bike and money for the MSF riding course. She kept her sense of humor even after death. I owe it to her to make it the best bike it can be. She hated motorcycles but knew my love for them.

In her death she gave me life.
  • June 8, 2011 9:00 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Gday there from Brisbane Australia.Dont worry about your little scoot mate as long as you enjoy it bugger what any bastards says.Welcome to the site you'll find this mob are pretty good people and will help out when ya need it.Oh yeah BTW the new sheila gets the first round of beers..CHEERS BOOF

Well Gday to you as well. Nice to see some one from the outback here. Big fan of Austraila, want to go some day. (I work with venomous reptiles and you all have the mother load there!!)

as for the Dim Wits localy that were saying it was pointless for me to fix my bike up, I'm just going to show them what I can do and shove it in there face lol.

<--just found that, haha looks like me when I first started riding, my bike vibrates like a b*tch (might be the motor mount she was droped very hard at some point in time.

• 6 posts
    June 8, 2011 9:29 AM PDT
    There's a couple cool things going on, one is Too Broke For Sturgis, that's about 5-6 hours from you, at Mormon Lake, there's an event page here. Also, RandyJoe and I are going to be getting together for a little meet-up between Phoenix and Flagstaff the week of the 18th-24th... if you wanna join us, we'd love to meet you, too! SO uncommon to meet a young biker that's not all into crotch rockets and burnouts... and ya gotta be OK if the HA's liked to keep you around! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
    • 16837 posts
    June 8, 2011 3:33 PM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's north coast.
    • 2 posts
    June 9, 2011 12:52 AM PDT
    Greetings from South Central NY

Last time was in Tombstone attempt to distract wife by going thru jewelry store on way to ultimate destination of gun store ended up costing me $1200 - Most expensive vacation this Redneck ever took
    • 846 posts
    June 9, 2011 1:52 AM PDT
    "stingsgirl wrote...
    I wish I could say I bought my bike out right but it was my inheritance from my grandmother. She always said "over my dead body you will have a motorcycle" so when she passed a few months ago she left me this bike and money for the MSF riding course. She kept her sense of humor even after death. I owe it to her to make it the best bike it can be. She hated motorcycles but knew my love for them.

In her death she gave me life."

Sorry about your grandma sounds like she was a hell of a gal. With a story like that I would let that bike go for anything regardless what anyone said.
  • June 9, 2011 2:12 AM PDT
    Having grown up in Douglas, I miss the area. Plenty of stuff to see to keep you entertained for a lifetime.
  • June 9, 2011 4:31 AM PDT
    Welcome from South Carolina lots of venomous here Canebrakes, Eastern DB, Copperheads, and Cottonmouths mostly.
  • June 9, 2011 4:53 AM PDT
    I'm going to my first get together in Tucson but I'm going as a passenger (still fun). It is called Heatstroke. it usually last a month or so but the first night is Bike night then it is all drag cars and hot rods. I got a formal invite so I have to come lol. That is this weekend. I'll take plenty of photos

Percy, I lived in GA right by Akin I know all about the snakes there. great verity but you cant beat 18 different venomous snake species in one county. Arizona (Cochise county mainly((where I live))) has the highest concentration of venomous Animals in all the united states. I live in a gold mine for my research. I say animals because I don't just work with reptiles I also work with invertebrates and arachnids.