The Land of Broken Dreams

• 2 posts
    June 7, 2011 3:15 AM PDT
    Uglyprimates mention of Zundapps brought back memories of bicycling to Kohl's motorcycle dealership just south of Lockport, NY and kicking in the weeds to peek @ pre WWII motorcycles.

Just had to do an internet search to find out the fate of the place   http://dcclassiccycles.dynamitedave.com/graveyard.html /> Was not disappointed, my heart was broken - The place is classified as a "brown field" area - To me it was a museum
  • June 7, 2011 7:28 AM PDT
    Wow....makes you think. Guess some of those places, and I would guess a very few, do exist.
    • 0 posts
    June 7, 2011 8:35 AM PDT
    Sjsak1 old mate..Thats bloody incredible.I felt my eyes start to well up a bit reading that story and looking at those pictures.To find a bloody cache of bikes like that is every blokes dream.I cant believe that they only bought a few bikes and bits.Shit mate they woulda needed a shotgun and a crowbar to get me outta there and a semi to load the bikes up.I watch that TV Show American Pickers and think "shit mate I gotta get into those places".Thanx very much for the story mate and I there was any other little treasure coves you know of I'd be real bloody interested..CHEERS BOOF
  • June 7, 2011 12:54 PM PDT
    WOW almost in my backyard and never knew it Remind's me of my first racer a jawa 125cc back in 1961 boy you never know My big dream is to find a catche of BSA Gold Stars in some guys barn .
    • 2 posts
    June 8, 2011 1:32 AM PDT
    webby wrote...
    WOW almost in my backyard and never knew it Remind's me of my first racer a jawa 125cc back in 1961 boy you never know My big dream is to find a catche of BSA Gold Stars in some guys barn .

Me too - 1st ride was when I 'napped my Canuck cousin's Gold Star while my folks were showing him Buffalo

Spent ages 11 -16 about 4 miles south of Kohl's dealership - They used to throw me out of the "showroom" (a misnomer if there ever was one) but what I really liked to do was kick in the weeds