International Female Riders' Day is Tomorrow!

• 846 posts
    May 5, 2011 6:41 AM PDT
    I just received a notification from my state motorcycle organization that tomorrow May 6th is International Female Riders’ Day. Below is the info so ladies get out and ride tomorrow. Like anyone needs a reason to ride. This was new to me so I thought I would pass it on.
    The Massachusetts Motorcycle Association would like to remind its members and all riders that tomorrow, Friday, May 6th, is International Female Riders' Day!

Female Riders from around the globe will mount their 2 and 3 wheeled vehicles in an unparalleled event with a goal of increasing participation for no other reason than the joy of riding!

Supported by all major manufacturers, the International Female Riders’ Day mantra is “JUST RIDE!” and is now in its 5th year.

As quoted in several Motorcycle Magazines, Vicki Gray, founder of the Ontario, Toronto-based Motoress women's motorcycling association and originator of International Female Ride Day, explained: “The theme is simple - Just Ride - and it's aimed at raising public awareness of the increasing number of women riders of all ages, styles of riding and motorcycle brands who took this idea I came up with five years ago and made it what it is - phenomenal!

“This year we'll be including women rider groups in Russia, Germany and India for the first time, ladies who know they are part of a unique event that has no relation whatsoever to the type of bike they're riding.”

The 2011 International Female Ride Day will include riders in Australia, Canada, England, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa and the United States.

The MMA (
    Massachusetts Motorcycle Association) would like to encourage all female riders to join in this exciting annual event, and encourage our male riders to also ride in support…
    • 202 posts
    May 5, 2011 9:32 AM PDT
    sweet! and Giddy-Up!
  • May 5, 2011 1:50 PM PDT
    Ride on gals!
  • May 5, 2011 2:27 PM PDT
    Ladies gotta ride man
    • 567 posts
    May 5, 2011 2:41 PM PDT
    Ride safe, ladies !!!
    • 638 posts
    May 5, 2011 8:24 PM PDT
    "Fat Bottomed Girls will be riding today, so look out for those beauties. Oh yeah". Freddie Mercury
    • 580 posts
    May 5, 2011 10:24 PM PDT
    This fat bottomed girl can't ride today but will make up for it tomorrow when I test out my borrowed panniers. I'm doing a week's bike tour of Scotland week after next - woo hooo! ;o)
    • 19007 posts
    May 5, 2011 11:33 PM PDT
    DO IT Ladies.
    • 9 posts
    May 6, 2011 1:30 AM PDT
    Can't post now....gotta ride! C-YA!
  • May 6, 2011 2:26 PM PDT

Well, I've certainly ridden a few in my day!

Have fun, ladies.

• 0 posts
    May 8, 2011 9:40 AM PDT
    Choc watch out for that canny bastard g when your riding up there.Your safe but he'll prolly try and have his way with shaun.He's a sick sick man..CHEERS BOOF