Our 2nd Ride on Ruby- Just under 6,000 miles ,it was short, slow

• April 19, 2011 3:07 AM PDT
    Well, I guess it is better late than never... I am referring to this posting of our 2nd bike ride during July-August 2010...  Although we are in the process of planning our 3rd Ruby Ride, which is to start on the 5th of May this year, I figured that I would throw out some lines and share a bit of our last adventure on Ruby. Figured I couldn't post the 3rd Ruby Ride, without a second... 

Again, we posted and documented our 2nd ride (my wife has written a blow by blow account of the each and every day, I am still trying to bring myself up for the task) on our web site (not selling anything or have any sponsors there- just our ride) www.daveandmargie.net .  We covered most of the western states (there are maps at our site with the routes for the '09 and '10 rides) and this time, unlike our '09 trip, we took our sweet time (4.5 weeks and just under 6k miles) to actually smell the roses... Beautiful country... And I think the highlight of our trip (for me) was the ride down the California coast...  What a ride... The  redwood giants were particularly beautiful...  

We chose to document the ride day by day and touch on the roadside places, where we stayed and of course, people we met...  Hope you find the time to check it out, maybe you find something that catches your eye and helps you out if you are planning a ride out there...

Oh, yes...  Our next ride (starting on May 5th) starts in San Diego again (that's where we keep Ruby 10 months out of the year).  We will be hanging out for about a week in that area....  Maybe we can meet up with some of you and have a few brewskies...  I know for sure it would be good to finally meet you Lucky...

Ride safe,

Dave Mendoza
    aka kbaydave